Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-13-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
loguk
loguk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Full text search in Ebook library

I use Calibre to manage all of my ebook library, around 35,000 books. I know and understand all of the reasons why there is not (yet) a full text search facility in Calibre. I use the Windows version and the unix only recoll solution is not applicable to me.

Someone (here I believe) mentioned a product called Archivarius 3000, I trialled it on a section of my library of mobi books and was astounded at its speed and utility in displaying matches in context.

The product is not free but a personal license costs (I believe) around 29 Euros, I trialled for 2 hours and then bought it.

I now have my whole home system "indexed" and set for auto updates - searches typically return a table of results (and a contextual viewer for the matches) in less than 5 seconds - quite amazing.

Highly recommended, supports EPUB and MOBI and very many more formats.
loguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@loguk - thanks for the tip, I don't recall having heard of of it before, will definitely be taking a look at it.

Don't think you found it here, this is the only thread it seems to get a mention

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, full text, search