Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
flhden
flhden
flhden began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs300, Kindle 3 wi fi, Kindle Fire
Not much font change on store purchase

Using my new prs 300 I just dl'ed my 5th sony store purchased book since xmas. Most of my reading is done in low light conditions and I need fairly strong readers to see small print. The previous books I've read in the L format and it's been perfect except for the frequent page turns, but that's not a problem. This latest book "The Book of Lies" by Brad Meltzer seems to not have the L format. There seems to be no change when going from S to m and very little change from M to L. Is this just the way some books are formatted or could it be a bad copy. I can still read it but it is a strain.
Thanks
flhden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I have not experienced this myself, but others have said some books for whatever reason have little difference in font sizes. I do not know your skill level at these things, but there are ways to liberate the book from it's DRM, then you can use Calibre to convert it and change the "base" font size..... Perhaps others will have a better suggestion....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
flhden
flhden
flhden began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs300, Kindle 3 wi fi, Kindle Fire
Thanks Bremen, Sony support had me delete the book in question and re download it but it is still the same. I guess 1 out 5 isn't too bad. I have been using strictly Mac computers for 20 yrs now but my first experience with a reader was a christmas present this year. Thanks to my persistent nature and great forums like this I am sure I will learn something new everyday and eventually will become bored with the status quo and delve into Calibre and start experimenting. So far I am still in the amused stage and reading my a-- off.
flhden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
The other option is to change the low light condition. Purchase a good book light, and at least that problem would be solved. If you have the Sony cover any clip on book light will do (just get the brightest possible). If you are using just the reader, then you would have to have the larger clips......
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
If the font isn't really changing with size, they likely set a specific font size in the ePub in pixels or the like. This is discouraged when creating an ePub as current readers choke when trying to resize the font.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert