Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Error in Adding/Deleting Books

I am adding books to my library, and have now run across this error twice now in the same circumstances. It did not crash the application. The books were deleted (after hitting ok) and continued on.
This time I added 9 books by the drag and drop method to the library, and then immediately highlighted all 9, and then hit the delete key. I wanted to change the switch author FN,LN swap switch when importing. I use the quick preference check box. I got this error right after pressing the delete key. I'm using windows 7. When adding the books I have the author filter set to the author that I am loading up.
I find it interesting that the error message truncates and miss spells the word multiple. Maybe it'll be a help tracking down.

The error msg from the copy details button:
calibre, version 1.6.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:tuple index out of range

calibre 1.6 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 67, in paintSection
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 930, in headerData
File "site-packages\calibre\db\view.py", line 190, in index_to_id
IndexError: tuple index out of range

It makes a difference if I have an author filter specified or not. If no filter is specified, there is no error, but if I have an author filter specified, and then delete, the error shows up. The filter is set for the same author as the books that I'm adding.

Forgot to add I'm using the new database.

Last edited by toomuchreading; 10-12-2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: more test results, author filter
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
...I find it interesting that the error message truncates and miss spells the word multiple. Maybe it'll be a help tracking down...
I don't know what the cause of your problem is, but the "misspelling" of multiple is unlikely to be any clue. There are such things as tuple indices.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
There are such things as tuple indices.
Ah, didn't know that.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
If it means anything, I've encountered this same error as well, during deletion of books.

Calibre is 1.6, 64-bit, running on Windows 7 x64.

I've already removed and re-installed Calibre to see if this resolves the issue. (Normally, I install on top of the previous version; don't know if that is officially supported or nto.) I did not remove the configuration folder and all plugins from my user profile; I'd hate do do all the configuration anew, if not absolutely necessary.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Have now also run into the same error a couple of times today. Have never had it before.

Calibre 1.6 64 bit, Windows 8 64 bit.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 10-12-2013 at 09:51 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1239161
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
toomuchreading
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Does the marked mean the same thing as highlighted?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's the same bug, it will be fixed in the next release. It was caused by a small oversight in the code to support the new mark books feature.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #9
toomuchreading
Groupie

Thank you very much for the fix. Much appreciated.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #10
ymmv
Enthusiast
ymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Is it a harmless bug? When I see index out of range errors, I'm worried Calibre starts deleting the wrong books.
ymmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:30 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's harmless the out of range error comes from the code that is updating the status of marked books graphic.