Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #121
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
I got all excited for a moment because a Kindle-sized UPS box showed up today.

It was the tiny little USB power adapter, in this huge box.

On the plus side, I now have a serial number, AND my ship date has moved back to Oct 2. Since UPS shows the box has left the PA warehouse, that is entirely feasible.
That what happened when I ordered a webcam it was the size of small book. Very small. The box Amazon put it in was huge! I'd say what a waste but my cats sure had fun playing in it.

The Kindle if by itself is a very small slim box. I am looking at my old one right now. It can fit in a regular mailbox.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #122
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
Don Quixote Hi yes they give you an option to choose/try amazon locker. there are over a dozen her in the philadelphia area usually in a 7-11 convenience store. looks like a big vending machine that has doors on it. when you get your delivery notification you get a unique code to enter .
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #123
Don Quixote
Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2246 View Post
Don Quixote Hi yes they give you an option to choose/try amazon locker. there are over a dozen her in the philadelphia area usually in a 7-11 convenience store. looks like a big vending machine that has doors on it. when you get your delivery notification you get a unique code to enter .
Awesome. Will be doing this. Would be perfect to not have wait around. Sounds like they deliver quickly too.
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #124
Outrager
Connoisseur
Outrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Mine went from Shipping Now to Preparing for Shipment. You'd think they could just combine those 2 statuses into one.
Outrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #125
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrager View Post
Mine went from Shipping Now to Preparing for Shipment. You'd think they could just combine those 2 statuses into one.
Mine just went through the same change. I agree they should just combine them into the same status really. It really feels like it's dragging out because I'm so overly anxious to get it! I'm sure mine will be delivered at the very end of the day too, right near 8 pm, just to torture me a little more. lol.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #126
Darkuul
Darkuul began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Still stuck on Shipping Now here and no serial#. Delivery date is supposed to be Wednesday, but seeing some early deliveries gives me hope that mine will arrive on time
Darkuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #127
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I have a feeling the status means something more to them internally than it does to the customer.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #128
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Mine was scheduled for Weds, but is due tomorrow Happy dance!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #129
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Mine was scheduled for Weds, but is due tomorrow Happy dance!
yay, that's great!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #130
Apparition B5
Zealot
Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 and iPad Air 5
Just received a shipping notification from Amazon:

Quote:
Your estimated delivery date is:

Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Woo, that's two days earlier!
Apparition B5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #131
Outrager
Connoisseur
Outrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of light

I finally got my shipping notice, but it's scheduled for Thursday when I have 2 day shipping and it was originally scheduled for Wednesday
I hope the Thursday estimate is wrong and it will update to Wednesday since I won't be home that day to receive it.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #132
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Mine finally shipped and is still scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Can't wait!!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #133
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
I finally got my shipping notice, but it's scheduled for Thursday when I have 2 day shipping and it was originally scheduled for Wednesday
I hope the Thursday estimate is wrong and it will update to Wednesday since I won't be home that day to receive it.
It very well may be wrong. Finger crossed for you that it is and you receive it Wednesday.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #134
Outrager
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
It very well may be wrong. Finger crossed for you that it is and you receive it Wednesday.
Thanks.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #135
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Mine still says "preparing for shipment" on amazon.com, and there is still no s/n, but UPS sent me a tracking number. It was shipped on 9/30 from Ontario, CA! Should be here around lunch time tomorrow, which is the time that my UPS guys usually comes into my neighborhood.
So excited!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote