Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-18-2008, 09:10 AM   #91
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Why I oughtta...
Whoop! Whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:18 PM   #92
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Well, based on the reviews here, I ordered an M-Edge cover in leather. And boy am I disappointed. It really looks to me like it is made of bonded leather. I can smell the adhesive used to glue to little leather particles together and it just doesn't feel like fine leather. You can tell the way it is stitched that they are trying to hide the edge so you can't tell it's bonded. Oh well, it is better than the original cover and maybe M-Edge will come out with something like this:

Free-Form Distressed Leather Binder from DayTimer (it's a Daily planner cover for $82.99). Now that's real leather.

Slowhand
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 05:24 PM   #93
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_hand View Post
Well, based on the reviews here, I ordered an M-Edge cover in leather. And boy am I disappointed. It really looks to me like it is made of bonded leather. I can smell the adhesive used to glue to little leather particles together and it just doesn't feel like fine leather. You can tell the way it is stitched that they are trying to hide the edge so you can't tell it's bonded. Oh well, it is better than the original cover and maybe M-Edge will come out with something like this:

Free-Form Distressed Leather Binder from DayTimer (it's a Daily planner cover for $82.99). Now that's real leather.

Slowhand
Wow. Thats the first bad review I've read. I love mine, its in red, (of course) and all I smell is the leather....I also have to say it feels wonderful too! If you bought yours from Amazon, they have a great return policy. For that much money, I wouldn't keep it if I didn't love it!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:52 PM   #94
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Maybe I got a non-leather one by mistake - After looking at the stamp impression on the back which looks suspiciously like pleather.

I have sent M-Edge an email requesting instructions on the easiest way to tell the difference.

Slowhand
Old 07-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #95
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
Yeah I'm thinking you got the pleather one. The leather one is nice, and gets more supple as it gets used, just like I expect real leather to. Also no scuffing.
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #96
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, you got the $60 one? Executive Leather? Any pics of it on your Kindle? Do you leave it on while you read, or does it get in the way?

I currently use my kindle sans cover and wouldn't want it to be much thicker.

BOb

EDIT: Even on Amazon the leather ones all show as backordered, will ship July 16th.
Just got my M-edge cover 2 days ago and really love it. It's so nice and crisp and when you fold it back it provides a much better grip than the original Kindle cover. Thanks all for your recommendations. (And the red is really classy)

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #97
Slow_hand
Groupie

Well, I got a reply back from M-edge which I appreciated. They stated that the particular color I got only comes in the genuine leather. They said I could return it or exchange it for another cover. Though I am disappointed in the obviously bonded leather, it is far superior to the stock cover and I am going to keep it. If anyone comes out with a nice full grain leather cover, I'll get that.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #98
gpease
gpease began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just got the M-Edge jacket. Very nice. Soft and helps with the unwanted clicks. Downside is the buttons on back and connectors on bottom can't be accessed without unzipping it. But really nice. I like it.
gpease
gpease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #99
lindnet
Enthusiast
lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpease View Post
Just got the M-Edge jacket. Very nice. Soft and helps with the unwanted clicks. Downside is the buttons on back and connectors on bottom can't be accessed without unzipping it. But really nice. I like it.
gpease
Are you talking about the leisure case that you can read through? I'm curious about it, I ordered one with my Kindle, but haven't received them yet. I thought it would be great for the beach and the gym.
lindnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #100
gpease
gpease began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindnet View Post
Are you talking about the leisure case that you can read through? I'm curious about it, I ordered one with my Kindle, but haven't received them yet. I thought it would be great for the beach and the gym.
Well, as I said, I don't know that if you held it under water it would be completely waterproof. But the zipper is tight, the plastic cover is nicely sewn and everything looks nice and neat. I think you will enjoy it.

But I find I will have to drill a little hole in the bottom under the zipper to plug in my headset while the device is zipped in. I use the Kindle for listening to Audible books with headsets and there is no way to keep the device in the case while plugged in. Same for recharging but that is done rarely so taking it out isn't too awful.

Hope you enjoy it.

gpease
gpease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:19 AM   #101
shima
読みすぎる
shima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I just got my M-Edge cover earlier this week, the red leather one, and I love it. It holds my Kindle wayyyyy better than the case it came with, plus I just love the leather feel and higher quality feel from the padding.
shima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:57 AM   #102
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Just ordered the genuine leather one in red..they took $10 off the price, so I paid about $44 for it. I got my Kindle a little cheaper off Ebay(brand new though) so I was willing to pay for a decent case.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #103
shima
読みすぎる
shima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yeah Amazon has been doing 10 dollars off on them lately. Totally worth it.
shima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #104
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
There's been mention here and on Amazon that the padding in front of the part that goes over the screen is not as good on the M-Edge as on the original case... updated comments?
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:20 AM   #105
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Anyone?
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, dodge, duck!