Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
gregorio
gregorio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch, iPad
merge MOBI7 and AZW3

Hello to everybody!
It is my first post in this forum!

I just published a book in EPUB and I'm working on the conversion in Kindle Format.

I made two different files: a AZW3 that looks good and a MOBI7 that, after some changes, looks good.

Now I want marge the two files in one MOBI file to upload to Amazon, is it possible?

Gregorio
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There was an attempt at a script that would achieve that, but there's certain things about the structure of the combination file that can make it very difficult to merge two files that weren't created from the exact same source. And the result certainly wouldn't be something that I would recommend submitting to KDP.

You'd be better served using the existing (official) methods to tailor/tweak the individual KF8/MOBI portions of the combined file when it's being built by kindlegen.

Further discussion here.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert