Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
rwgast
rwgast began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
Rooting a nook classic stock 1.4.3 firmaware 1004 serial

Im desperate I just found this website and im hoping I can get some advice on getting my nook rooted. Im acually an embeded developer and I got this nook for free I want to use it for data sheets and tech documents. The problem is PDFs arent very readable on this nook, this is th only reason I want to root.

Anyways Im on a very strange network setup and ive tried this http://nookdevs.com/Rooting_B%26N_re...n_any_hardware but after after 12 failed attempts ive given up. I cant get adb to start again after i run ratc (although with my weird network setup running the page to crash the browser locally would work alot better, Ive downloaded the html file but cant figure out how to access it with the browser when stored on the root dir). The router method says that nomad server is down so I cant use that technique which seems alot more full proof.

I had my nook at 1.7 and im not sure how but something weird happend when I was soldering on the serial port and i left it out over night the battery died and now im back at 1.4.3 and have made sure to not update. Weird thing is i tried to get 1.7 off with all kinds of hard resets and it wouldnt work and one night i woke up to a dead battery and the thing downgraded!

Really im just looking to be back at 1.7 or at least 1.5(as long s i can stop updates) and be rooted. If anyone could give me some pointers seanse half the links at nookdevs are broke and the dns servers are down, then xda doesnt have the nook classic this is me hoping in desperation someone here can help me, i just want good pdfs and maybe some rss feeds and ill be happy, i cant afford another e reader right or else id just buy a touch(eInk fanboy).
rwgast is offline   Reply With Quote