Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
ranma
ranma began at the beginning.

Device: none
Q about Guns, Germs, and Steel in sony store

I found 2 versions in sony reader store of Guns, Germs, and Steel the difference is the weird publish dates and prices
1. http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/jar...00000000180884 $9.32
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/jar...00000000321879 $12.56

Did any one purchase one of the version?

I've purchased google book version, to my disappointment is there is no figures/graphics/illustration in the ebook version, although the paper version is full of them.

I wonder if any version of above has illustration? Since sony reader store doesn't support sample pages, so I couldn't tell.

I hope some one can help me.
ranma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hi, ranma. I downloaded a sample from Barnes & Noble of the Norton, W.W. & Company (April 1999) version. It was 28 pages and ended in the middle of the prologue. It was all text from that short sample. My guess is that this book is best enjoyed in its paperback version. By the way, B&N samples are DRM-free. If you have a B&N account, then you can add the sample to your B&N library. You just download it from their website to your computer and then transfer it to your Sony ereader. It's a neat workaround to get samples since the Sony store doesn't offer them. Hope that helps!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
ranma
ranma began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Hi, ranma. I downloaded a sample from Barnes & Noble of the Norton, W.W. & Company (April 1999) version. It was 28 pages and ended in the middle of the prologue. It was all text from that short sample. My guess is that this book is best enjoyed in its paperback version. By the way, B&N samples are DRM-free. If you have a B&N account, then you can add the sample to your B&N library. You just download it from their website to your computer and then transfer it to your Sony ereader. It's a neat workaround to get samples since the Sony store doesn't offer them. Hope that helps!

Thank you for reply. I contacted norton company, they told me they don't have any illustrated e-book version published. What a pity.
ranma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Thanks for reporting back your feedback from the publisher.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote