Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique View Post
As of post #24, I have signatures! Thanks, Zelda!

... and yes, I am enjoying the 505 - we are still getting to know one another, but so far, the relationship appears to be working. -- Rique
congratulations ! so it looks like the cutoff is probably 20 rather than 10. i'll remember that for the next person who asks. excellent signature by the way, i approve.

glad to know it's working out between you and your 505 ! i am sure you will discover it's true love.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #17
cartman
Connoisseur
cartman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505 (Blue)
Hi, as a new member i was trying to find out how to change my signature but i could not find in the FAQ the post number requirement. Can somebody update the FAQ with that info?
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #18
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Hi, as a new member i was trying to find out how to change my signature but i could not find in the FAQ the post number requirement. Can somebody update the FAQ with that info?
1. Go to your User CP, left most option just under the MobileRead logo.

2. Select "Edit signature" under "Your Control Panel".

3. Edit it just like you would a message.

Hope this helps.

WetDogEared

*edit* it seems like you need 20 posts before you can create a signature
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Hi all,

FWIW, I did not see the "edit signature" option until I had 24 posts. I checked after 20 and it wasn't there. I wonder if the limit is actually 25, which would explain why I would see the option after my 24th post?

-- Rique
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #20
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique View Post
Hi all,

FWIW, I did not see the "edit signature" option until I had 24 posts. I checked after 20 and it wasn't there. I wonder if the limit is actually 25, which would explain why I would see the option after my 24th post?

-- Rique
Thanks, I stand corrected. A member gets to use the "edit signature" option after their 24th post. Maybe Alex will tell us the exact number if this isn't right?

WDE.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #21
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Is that true? I thought I put in a signature first thing before I even made my first post.

(And now I have to post to see what my total is. )
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
Is that true? I thought I put in a signature first thing before I even made my first post.

(And now I have to post to see what my total is. )
I think this is a recent thing, because of all the spam signatures they were getting.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #23
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I think this is a recent thing, because of all the spam signatures they were getting.....
Now that you mention it...

WDE.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
yes, that's correct ; we were getting quite a lot of signature spammers, so we implemented this feature. a legitimate member shouldn't be too bothered by it since they'll be around to make 25+ posts, but a spammer is effectively thwarted by it since usually they only come once to post with their signature.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #25
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
It's right, newly registered member cannot immediately add a signature, due to the recent rise in signature spam.

Once a member has made at least 8 posts (kinda arbitrary, I know, but spammers usually go for fewer posts) AND has been registered for at least seven days, he will be able to set a signature for himself.

Apologies that this change hasn't been reflected in the FAQ yet.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote