Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelszi View Post
Hi,
I have a stupid question with moon+reader too... I finished a book. I am on the last page. I want to go to the first page again, but I can't... With the back arrow I can go back to my bookshelf. Can somebody help me?
Not sure this will work for you, but if you lightly tap the middle of the page it should pop-up the top and bottom bars (don't know what they're called). At the top there's a slider button that you can slide all the way to the left to get to the beginning. Or at the bottom there's a button for chapters.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
elena giada
elena giada began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 7
Hi, i changed the options in my moon reader pro in my nexus 7, now i don't have the option bar anywhere anymore, if i click on the text i can change the page or select the text but i can't open the option bar with bookmarks for example... Plus why my highligh doesn't change color?
elena giada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #18
eischech
eischech began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
list mode?

Another idiot's-guide question: Is there a way to display books in list mode rather than on the bookshelves? If so, does the list provide a menu of actions such as "remove this book?" (Yes, I'm thinking of Aldiko, here.)

Thanks --
eischech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
eischech

removing books from the "recently read" shelf?

And another idiot's-guide question: Can I remove books from the "recently-read" shelf? If so, how?

Thanks --
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
eischech

sync bookmarks etc. with Calibre?

Yet another idiot's-guide question, my last for tonight: I see how to sync books with Calibre via Dropbox. Does that sync things I've added such as bookmarks, notes, & highlights?

Thanks --
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #21
letac
letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eischech View Post
Is there a way to display books in list mode rather than on the bookshelves?
For list view, click on icon in second row from top and second from left side.

You can get action menu with long click on book. Same thing for Recent list...
letac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #22
eischech

Great! Thanks, Letac.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #23
eischech

adding to the tag list?

Next question -- how do I add a new tag? I see that Moon+ picks up tags from .epub files. Now I want to tag a pdf but the appropriate tag isn't on Moon+'s list of tags. Can I add something to that list?

Thanks --
Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #24
letac
letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'letac gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eischech View Post
how do I add a new tag?
No idea, I am using Calibre for any "library management".
letac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
eischech

Quote:
Originally Posted by letac View Post
No idea, I am using Calibre for any "library management".
Of course! Thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #26
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I've searched the forum, but could not find an answer to this question: I keep my books in the Books folder on my external SD card, but there is no way for me to get to the extSD from within Moon Reader. I can only navigate to the folder itself, then choose to open the file with Moon Reader. I'm thinking about buying the pro version, but before I do, I need to know whether it can navigate to my ExtSD card in addition to the internal memory. This seems like strange behavior, not to allow this.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #27
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I've searched the forum, but could not find an answer to this question: I keep my books in the Books folder on my external SD card, but there is no way for me to get to the extSD from within Moon Reader. I can only navigate to the folder itself, then choose to open the file with Moon Reader. I'm thinking about buying the pro version, but before I do, I need to know whether it can navigate to my ExtSD card in addition to the internal memory. This seems like strange behavior, not to allow this.
In Moon+ go to local files, back button to the root directory then choose the mnt directory. Extsdcard is listed there.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #28
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
In Moon+ go to local files, back button to the root directory then choose the mnt directory. Extsdcard is listed there.
Aha, thank you! I had no idea it was listed there.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #29
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I've had a play around with this reader now I have a Nexus 7 but I'm going to give up on it unless it has a way to list series info I just can't find, to me that info is much more important than things like the cover art.

I'm also finding page turns very inconsistent I've tried disabling everything but right to left gestures and left to right gestures like I'm used to on my sony reader but quite often I do the left to right and the page actually goes one forward.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #30
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I've had a play around with this reader now I have a Nexus 7 but I'm going to give up on it unless it has a way to list series info I just can't find, to me that info is much more important than things like the cover art.

I'm also finding page turns very inconsistent I've tried disabling everything but right to left gestures and left to right gestures like I'm used to on my sony reader but quite often I do the left to right and the page actually goes one forward.
I believe you have to edit series information in calibre or some other program that can edit ebooks. I just checked it with my copy of Mantano; long press opens up a window with book information and it clearly shows a label called Series. The program itself can't edit the file.