Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
GLIBC_2.0 ???
Are you building these tool-chain generations or using pre-built ones?

In either case - -
Is there a chance that glibc is never getting re-downloaded and re-built?

Since everything is dependent on the tool-chain - a "make clean" on the entire Buildroot system is required when making a change to the tool-chain.
Even when just selecting a different external tool-chain.

I am sorry that I can't be running these Buildroot builds in parallel with you - but I am still trying to solve some local problems in getting a new RAM kernel built.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
well foof.

It just so happens that when the switch the 2.7 is made the error disappears.

So read: We cant have anything that relies on libglib

Gstreamer is a big loss to be able to expand natively.

QT I suspect is by the wayside now also for the same reasons - but Ill check that now.

I shall make a list but in essence it is the list I already outlined on the buildroot thread.
I should try again with the 2008q1 now and see if I can coax a few more into life with two years worth of TC development.

and check that the 2008q1 IS the final TC that will build native apps.
(as opposed to the original 2006/7 q1 TC's)

It's all good info anyways depsite the losses.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #18
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
GLIBC_2.0 ???
Are you building these tool-chain generations or using pre-built ones?

In either case - -
Is there a chance that glibc is never getting re-downloaded and re-built?

Since everything is dependent on the tool-chain - a "make clean" on the entire Buildroot system is required when making a change to the tool-chain.
Even when just selecting a different external tool-chain.

I am sorry that I can't be running these Buildroot builds in parallel with you - but I am still trying to solve some local problems in getting a new RAM kernel built.
dont think so. I utterly delete the output folder. and start again.
that pretty much nerfs all known BR foofs.

as for the 2.0.. I probably just didn't search the right things as my test clearly show that 2.7 occurs in the 2008q3 TC and my obviously errantly located search did not reflect that fact.

well one more build with q1 then I will be sure...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best practice, compiling, flags, kindle3, tools