Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #436
HiRsch
HiRsch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
hi there, great framework!
my only problem so far is, that "cover view" only shows some of the covers, and for the rest shows the standard cover, but if i touch those books long and their menu pops up, then there is the cover picture. any idea what the problem might be? cheers mate
HiRsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #437
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Saturday evening sitting outside with a beer, 27 degrees. Enjoying the Touch so much more with your patches. Cheers, to your health ixtab!
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #438
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Cover Images will show up once you activate the facebook sharing option in calibres mobi conversion dialog. Has nothing to do with facebook, but on default an optionswitch is baked into the mobi that allows you to share the last read page over several devices. Its either that one OR the coverimages/facebook option.

So just tick the box, convert, move to the KT, and a Cover will show up
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #439
HiRsch
HiRsch began at the beginning.

@notimp: alright! it worked. thanks a lot ;-)
HiRsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #440
Abradoks
Abradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshes

I've just tried to run KindCalc, but it was complaining about certificates, until I manually copied merged developer.keystore.
I've tried to re-enable devcert plugin and restart device without success. In the log I see devcert getting registered, gaining 1 permission and (when re-enabling it) being applied to security.b.
Abradoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #441
Abradoks
Abradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshes

Ah, never mind. It was side effect of resetting device.
Abradoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #442
AsVHEn
AsVHEn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G 5.1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
At which percentage (progress bar) do you get an error?
At the beggining I am thinking because when progress bar start next frame is middle progress with error 006.
AsVHEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #443
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 2.2.1

This version contains a more verbose installer, and also fixes a bug in the installer itself (It would previously copy the hyphenation rules to the internal folder, where they would uselessly occupy 1MB of precious space). It also contains a working version of the "all rotations" patch.

Upgrade recommended!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #444
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsVHEn View Post
At the beggining I am thinking because when progress bar start next frame is middle progress with error 006.
Please try v2.2.1 and report what exactly is failing...
Old 08-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #445
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Funny, while upgrading to version 2.2.1 I can see the actions taken by the patch under the progress bar. Neverever had this before ... intentionally?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #446
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Funny, while upgrading to version 2.2.1 I can see the actions taken by the patch under the progress bar. Neverever had this before ... intentionally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab
This version contains a more verbose installer
So yes... intentionally
Old 08-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #447
diba
Addict

I have to shut down for today ... otherwise I will keep looking for your next patch and/or upgrade ... at least for some hours. THX
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #448
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Just a very, very minor point. When the cover interface is enabled, and you press the icon to switch between the two interfaces, the 1 of xx pages counter gets moved a little from side to side (padding or margin mismatch). I dont know if you placed the switch icon, but if you did, you might want to look into that.

If it is all part of the hidden interface amazon coded, nevermind.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #449
ixtab
(offline)

All of the cover-view stuff is originally coded by Amazon, but simply deactivated. I merely patched three methods in the Home Booklet to allow setting and retrieving the view mode value, and two controller classes to return true instead of false when asked if they support cover view. You'll see that the code of the patch is pretty trivial: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/jbpatche...ViewPatch.java
Old 08-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #450
AsVHEn
AsVHEn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G 5.1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Please try v2.2.1 and report what exactly is failing...
it said "Unsupported init.xargs"
AsVHEn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks