Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #46
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I gave up on the A1, too much promise, not enough facts and footage. We'll see in a month if I did the right thing or not
Not a bad choice I was very interested in the Flyer when it first came out. It is one nice device. And now that it's down to $300 it's an even more attractive choice.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:51 AM   #47
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
"Lenovo Ideapad A1 Review and Rooting guide"

More on Lenovo Ideapad A1 as it is presented throughout the world.

Sometimes the translation is rough but not hard to understand.

A fair review. Contents table to the left side.

http://arpandeb.com/10/2011/tech/len...ing-guide.html
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:44 AM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
The A1 is essentially an unlocked Nook Color with cameras and GPS; IOW, last year's technology.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #49
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Monkey speak truth!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #50
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The A1 is essentially an unlocked Nook Color with cameras and GPS; IOW, last year's technology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Monkey speak truth!
Any down side?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #51
frahse
occasional author

Price bump alert for Lenovo A1

$229.

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...-229-20111012/

As the article on Geek.com explains, not sure why price raise on the Lenovo site.

Could just be for early adopters, until Amazon gets the item.

Could be that Lenovo has realized that the Amazon Fire isn't being sold outside the US, at least for a while.

Even at 229USD, the Lenovo is better.
Or let me put it another way. I will never buy the Kindle Fire to use as a tablet with only 6GB of memory and no way to add.

You can take that cloud and smoke it!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #52
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Price bump alert for Lenovo A1

$229.
Are you following your own thread? This was reported back in post 38
Old 10-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #53
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Are you following your own thread? This was reported back in post 38
I just saw it on Geek.

I thought the earlier event was a reduction of the $250 16GB A1 by $20
whereas this was an increase of the 2GB from 199USD to 229USD.

Looks like I may have crossed some wires.

Anyway, thanks for prompting me to look.

Last edited by frahse; 10-13-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #54
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I just saw it on Geek.

I thought the earlier event was a reduction of the $250 16GB A1 by $20
whereas this was an increase of the 2GB from 199USD to 229USD.

Looks like I may have crossed some wires.

Anyway, thanks for prompting me to look.
I'm just busting your chops . No need to revisit the previous posts.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #55
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Looks like the A1 has been removed from the Lenovo website. Can anyone find it?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #56
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/tablet/

??
Old 10-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #57
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
OK, I see now. When you click on Shop / Tablets, it's not there.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...nu-id=products

You have to select the A1 from a drop down menu. Maybe that page hasn't been updated yet to include the A1.

Last edited by SCION; 10-13-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #58
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post

You have to select the A1 from a drop down menu. Maybe that page hasn't been updated yet to include the A1.
It never ceases to amaze me how many times companies self destruct. It's hard to get momentum going and when they do, they start doing bone head moves like this. Jacking up the price, then pulling the product from the web site.

=X+
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #59
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how many times companies self destruct. It's hard to get momentum going and when they do, they start doing bone head moves like this. Jacking up the price, then pulling the product from the web site.

=X+
Someone just pointed this out to me:

Quote:
This model is temporarily unavailable for purchase on lenovo.com
So, there are pictures and descriptions, but you can't buy it. Just last night you could customize and checkout with a November ship date. What the heck is going on?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #60
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post