Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Getting ?/? in Marvin footer after convert from Mobi

I haven't proved this conclusively but for many bought Mobi books that I converted to epub in calibre, the epub when displayed in Marvin shows ?/? in footer rather than page numbers.

I have checked out the same epub from library and the page numbers appear correctly in Marvin.

This could be a Calibre conversion issue or a Marvin display issue.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Presumably marvin is using the page list feature of epubs to display page numbers. MOBIs dont have page lists, so the result of converting them will not have page lists either.

Marvin should be using calcluated apge numbers in the absence of page lists, why it does not do that, you'd have to ask its developer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
I haven't proved this conclusively but for many bought Mobi books that I converted to epub in calibre, the epub when displayed in Marvin shows ?/? in footer rather than page numbers.

I have checked out the same epub from library and the page numbers appear correctly in Marvin.

This could be a Calibre conversion issue or a Marvin display issue.
The ones I've tried work fine (page numbers calculated by Marvin). Perhaps a book-specific issue?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote