Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
DerVerrater
DerVerrater began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Post Books in books?

Good day mobileread browsers,

I wish to share with you a maddening concept. I desire to have my other ebooks not bought through the kindle store appear in the books section of my kindle fire hd. A request that seems to go unfulfilled as this section seems to have been cordoned off by Amazon even when i have converted the books to the appropriate format for kindle ebooks and placed them in the books folder.

I seek the wisdom of others to see if any one else has encountered this and has a good solution for it. At the very least i would like love a recommendation for a third party app so i might browse my books in a more organized form showing the covers and metadata etc.

Much love,
-Der
DerVerrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Many of us have successfully sideloaded our ebooks to the Fire HD and they appear under books along with the Amazon purchased books. They must be:

1. DRM-free

2. In, or converted to, .mobi format

3. Accomplish #2 using Calibre and setting conversion output with the [EBOK] tag (not [PDOC]).
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
DerVerrater
DerVerrater began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thank you sky dog that has indeed solved the issue for me
DerVerrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerVerrater View Post
Thank you sky dog that has indeed solved the issue for me
You are most welcome. I am happy to be of some help.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books, calibre, kindle fire hd