Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #1576
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khendron View Post
Yes, definitely.

And while they are at it, how about not having my Kobo turn itself completely off after being idle for a while? Just sleeping would be fine with me. It is very irritating to put my Kobo down for 30 minutes and then be forced to wait a minute to get back to reading.

I'd also like my Kobo to return to the book I was reading when it is turned on. Right now, I get the I'm Reading list first, and then I have to click my book.
There's a setting for that: It's the second item under Energy Saving. Change 'Automatically power off ...' to never.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #1577
Cariboou
Cariboou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I need only that I can use my Kobo under Windows 10 and Adobe Digital Edition, when I plugs my kobo in USB Windows 10 tell me that he can't recognize Kobo, and in ADE doesn't appear, this is the 2nd time happen and always after the update of Windows 10, I hope with the next firmware Kobo fix a problem forever
Cariboou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #1578
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboou View Post
I need only that I can use my Kobo under Windows 10 and Adobe Digital Edition, when I plugs my kobo in USB Windows 10 tell me that he can't recognize Kobo, and in ADE doesn't appear, this is the 2nd time happen and always after the update of Windows 10, I hope with the next firmware Kobo fix a problem forever
Since you said this happens after a Windows 10 update, perhaps you might want to complain to Microsoft about this issue? You might also want to try Nirsoft's USBDeview and remove any "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" devices that show up in the device listing.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #1579
Cariboou

I try the USBDeview and the Kobo appear not connected, in the same time I have a message from Windows that say that Windows doesn't recognize the Kobo in the USB plugs, I don't say that the problem is a Kobo company, but I say that maybe in October with a main update of Microsoft the problems will be fix. I try a different cable with no success
Thanks for the quick reply
Cariboou
Old 08-14-2018, 10:03 PM   #1580
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I try the USBDeview and the Kobo appear not connected, in the same time I have a message from Windows that say that Windows doesn't recognize the Kobo in the USB plugs, I don't say that the problem is a Kobo company, but I say that maybe in October with a main update of Microsoft the problems will be fix. I try a different cable with no success
Thanks for the quick reply
Cariboou
What I meant was to look for any lines in USBDeview that show an Unknown USB Device and delete (uninstall) them. Generally once a device fails to connect on a port, it will not connect until you remove the error connection.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2018, 06:30 AM   #1581
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
More control for Comfort Light

I would like to set the maximum tone for WARM light (less orange/red) and the minimum tone for COLD light (less blue).
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #1582
Cariboou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What I meant was to look for any lines in USBDeview that show an Unknown USB Device and delete (uninstall) them. Generally once a device fails to connect on a port, it will not connect until you remove the error connection.
Thanks for your answer, I did what you ask and the only thing happens is that I have to reinstall the printer, but ok no problem! I think is the e-reader has a problem so in the future I have to buy a new one for my wife
Old 08-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #1583
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Have you tried resetting the Kobo? I've never had that problem with my Kobo but I have had it happen on my Nook Glowlight 3. Resetting it fixed the problem.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #1584
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Hi !
• It would be possible one day, to have the functionality "landscape" (rotate screen) which is already presented but only for the PDF, for the books in format ePUB or KOBO_ePUB if you like it?
I use the landscape in my book (ePUB, rtf, text) a lot, in addition I like KOBO and I do not want to change for another just for a function.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #1585
Cariboou

My Kobo now working fine

Yes... after the last Firmware, the Kobo start to work magically, now my wife is happy, and I don't need buy a new one
Old 08-31-2018, 09:17 AM   #1586
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Here's a wild idea: add a button to open a randomly selected book.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:29 AM   #1587
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm going to do something I generally deplore in posting a request without reading through the 1500+ prior posts.

What I think I miss most about my old Sony readers was that I could go to a specific page by inputting the page number. The slider for navigation on my Kobos is inexact at best and virtually useless much of the time. Try finding a specific page in a 1,000 page book on your Mini! (This example is taken from life.)

I sideload my books as epubs and like to switch between devices, but finding where I left off can be a challenge, whereas with the Sonys I just remembered the page number. Sometimes I can come up with a unique word and search on it, but typically not, which leaves me paging forward/back sometimes for pages and pages on end.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:55 AM   #1588
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm going to do something I generally deplore in posting a request without reading through the 1500+ prior posts.

What I think I miss most about my old Sony readers was that I could go to a specific page by inputting the page number. The slider for navigation on my Kobos is inexact at best and virtually useless much of the time. Try finding a specific page in a 1,000 page book on your Mini! (This example is taken from life.)

I sideload my books as epubs and like to switch between devices, but finding where I left off can be a challenge, whereas with the Sonys I just remembered the page number. Sometimes I can come up with a unique word and search on it, but typically not, which leaves me paging forward/back sometimes for pages and pages on end.
Agreed. This is the only feature I miss from the NOOK Glowlight 3.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #1589
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm reading this as that you're loading your books as standard epubs not kepubs. If so, the displayed page number on a Kobo should be the ADE-calculated page number i.e. exactly the same as it was on the Sony. Is that not what you're seeing?

In the days when I was still using standard epubs, I was easily able to move from Kobo eink to Android epub app and back again using the ADE page.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:10 AM   #1590
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm reading this as that you're loading your books as standard epubs not kepubs. If so, the displayed page number on a Kobo should be the ADE-calculated page number i.e. exactly the same as it was on the Sony. Is that not what you're seeing?

In the days when I was still using standard epubs, I was easily able to move from Kobo eink to Android epub app and back again using the ADE page.
Maybe I'm missing something; I hope so.

The only way I see to navigate within a book on my eink Kobos is the slider button. At its best, it's not at all granular and the larger the book and the smaller the device, the worse it gets. In order to switch seamlessly among devices and pick up where I left off, I'd like to be able to input the ADE page number. That's how it worked on my Sonys.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo