Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 08:57 PM   #16
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Your videos are Black...

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wirele...indle+keyboard

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...condition=used

$30 beats the cost of fixing the broken screen.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:39 AM   #17
glossywhite
glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Your videos are Black...

I've tested the embedded videos whilst logged out of both this forum and YouTube, and they play fine on multiple computers and tablets. You maybe have an error your end.
glossywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:20 AM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Nope .... Not my Problem
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:45 AM   #19
glossywhite
glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!

Ok, cool.

Last edited by glossywhite; 07-05-2018 at 02:39 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #20
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Your videos are Black...

Interesting...the videos work fine on my computer.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #21
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
The videos are fine for me as well.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #22
glossywhite

Quote:
Nope .... Not my Problem
Please don't tell me you're watching the videos on... an e-ink screen?

Old 08-19-2018, 12:48 PM   #23
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Really?!!! I'll have to try that! The K3 finally finished whatever reset it was doing overnight, but the books are still gone and I can't get anything to download over WiFi anymore. The 4G capability vanished awhile ago, and I'm sorry now that I bothered to pay extra for it when I bought it (right before they were discontinued). If USB transfer works for AZW3 from any of my current Kindles then I'm still good to go. Thanks for all the help! I love this place.
I have had the download issue before. What worked for me is to delete the wifi connection then redo it. If that doesn't work, try connecting to someone else's wifi. And as a final solution but you lose all your books (which in your case doesn't seem to matter anyway) is to do a factory reset. Might just get back the 4g.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #24
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I have a kindle that is on its last legs. It got stuck in power up. I read somewhere to do the 40 second restart (holding the power button for 40 seconds) repeatedly will fix the problem. I think I did it 6 or 7 times. Wah lah. Kindle's been working perfectly fine since. I only sideload with it now though - the wifi stopped working some time ago.

Don't beat yourself up about getting the 3G (not 4G). It was only about $20 more. On more recent units, it's $70-90 more. If I didn't have wifi at home, then I probably would have used the feature more, but ultimately, I only used it when I was doing caregiving for a late relative who lived in a rural area. Thus, I didn't bother to get it on my Voyage.

If you need to do a factory reset and the wifi still doesn't work, just go to Amazon. You can download the system updates and install yourself. Worked pretty slick.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote