Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 02:48 AM   #1
HarryJS
HarryJS began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it really this hard to set a song as a ringtone?

I'm trying to set a song as a ringtone on my phone. In Android, you just go to settings, browse for a file, choose whatever song you want, and you're done.

I just Googled how to do it in iOS. It takes like 18 steps, including having to use a computer in the process.

Is it really that hard? If so, that is insane!!!!!
HarryJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:23 AM   #2
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Yes it is not easy.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
This looks a little bit simpler, but I haven’t tried it:

https://9to5mac.com/2017/11/10/iphon...ne-garageband/
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:28 AM   #4
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Yeah... I imagine the reason they’ve made it so cumbersome is to encourage people to use the stupid ringtone store. (Personally I have never bought a dedicated ringtone, and I never will)

That said, I typically will just use one of the ringtone making services that are available online. These simplify the process dramatically, handling the whole trimming and conversion at once. Then I just have to transfer the resulting file to my iPhone and I’m done.

Last edited by Dylrob; 04-05-2018 at 02:33 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I get about 3 calls a week, no use for ringtones!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I get about 3 calls a week, no use for ringtones!
You are lucky. I get about a call a day, but less than one a week that isn’t a sales call.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:01 PM   #7
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
I get less than three even. Between that and the fact that my phone is in vibrate more often than not, it’s a rare treat to be able to hear a ringtone.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Have you tried Zedge.net? They also have an App
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:12 PM   #9
Jack Torrance
“Here’s Johnny
Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG - 9.7 iPad - iPhone 12PM - Macbook Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Yeah... I imagine the reason they’ve made it so cumbersome is to encourage people to use the stupid ringtone store. (Personally I have never bought a dedicated ringtone, and I never will)
And they succeeded. I’ve had an iPhone for years now (going on 6) and it has been a royal pita. I’ve jumped through all the hoops to do as I like having a couple different ringtones so I know who is calling without looking at the screen. For the most part I used the stock tones but purchased a few, mostly for my wife as it wasn’t worth the effort and time to do it for the $5-10 it cost.

To the OP. If you like to change your tones a lot it’s worth learning how to do it especially if you have the song you want on hand. But also reminder time is money and sometimes it’s not worth the time so live a little and splurge that $1.29
Jack Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:19 PM   #10
SharamkoSS
SharamkoSS began at the beginning.

Device: none
popular-ringtone

I like portals that enable you download to phone melodies for free! At the moment on my Iphone and Android plays a ringtone: http://popular-ringtone.com/238-ozuna-el-farsante.html
SharamkoSS is offline   Reply With Quote