Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-24-2015, 02:55 AM   #1
mrgeometro
mrgeometro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle gen 2, kindle paperwhite 2
Getting Involved

Hi,

I'd like to get involved in Calibre development. I don't have any feature requests. I'd just like to start by taking some bugs and submitting PRs to fix them.

Where can I grab bugs and take ownership of them?

- mrg
mrgeometro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Unfortunately, I dont believe in letting bugs sit around. If there is a bug that I can reproduce/understand, it is typically fixed within a week of being reported. That said, there are bugs that belong to parts of calibre that I do not maintain that stick around for longer. You can simply go to the calibre bug tracker and look through the open bug reports.

If you wish to tackle a bug, just leave a comment on the bug saying that you are working on it. There was a bug reported a few days ago/ a week or so ago on FB2 output that should be easy to fix as starting point.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 12-24-2015 at 08:41 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Another good way to get your feet wet is to fix broken calibre recipes, for which you can look through the recipes sub-forum, for example, here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=268982
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Unfortunately, I dont believe in letting bugs sit around. If there is a bug that I can reproduce/understand, it is typically fixed within a week of being reported.
Gee, yeah, that is...unfortunate.

Happy Holidays everyone!
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote