Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
GeorgeYellow
Enthusiast
GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook, Kindle
Nook Tablet 7 discounted to $29.99 (12-1 only)

Posting this price reduction/temporary sale in case anyone else is interested in low-spec China-ecosystem tablets pretending to be eReaders.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/noo...ble/1124589342

Specs from XDA
Quote:
The Nook Tablet 7 is an entry-level tablet from Barnes & Noble. It features a 7" IPS display with a resolution of 1024 x 600, giving it 171ppi. It's powered by a MediaTek MT8163 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor, with Mali-M720 MP2 graphics. It comes with 8GB internal storage, with another 128GB available via microSD card. There's a 5MP camera on the rear and a 2MP camera up front. The Nook 7 has a 3000mAh battery, dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, a mono speaker, and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, giving it full access to the Google Play store.
GeorgeYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
mtg
mtg began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch (5th gen), Kindle 2
A gave one of these to my wife last Christmas to replace her Nexus 7 tablet which was getting slow and had a flaky charge port. Unfortunately, the Nook 7 is not really usable as a general-purpose tablet. There's only about 3Gb of free internal memory. Using just a fraction of that free memory causes it to not have enough memory to install updates. Even with an SD card, you have to be very careful not to let any of the free internal memory be used. Also, every week or two the Kindle app would mysteriously disappear. I eventually ended up buying my wife a Kindle Fire because the Nook was just not suitable for anything other than using the Nook apps.
mtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtg View Post
A gave one of these to my wife last Christmas to replace her Nexus 7 tablet which was getting slow and had a flaky charge port. Unfortunately, the Nook 7 is not really usable as a general-purpose tablet. There's only about 3Gb of free internal memory. Using just a fraction of that free memory causes it to not have enough memory to install updates. Even with an SD card, you have to be very careful not to let any of the free internal memory be used. Also, every week or two the Kindle app would mysteriously disappear. I eventually ended up buying my wife a Kindle Fire because the Nook was just not suitable for anything other than using the Nook apps.
That's a shame. Hopefully yours was just a lemon rather than the norm. If I was looking to buy a cheap Android tablet, I'd snap up the Nook over the Fire because of it running Android instead of Fire OS. But that behavior would make me crazy.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Tempted to pick one up for my mom, to replace her dead Chromebook.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote