Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
altunian
altunian began at the beginning.

Device: Synology+Androi
Calibre on Synology

I followed the steps for COPS (Calibre) on Synilogy. As it is advised, I placed the books on the NAS drive, created a Calibre lybrary on a PC (Mac in my case) by mounting the NAS drive (as SMB) and adding the books. After some tries and steps from the forum, I got it working. But... When I open a book in the Lybrary and try to view/download it, it tries to find a file located in var/cops/download/... and the books are under var/books/.
What has to be changed in the settings? Or does the database have to created in another way?
altunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Sorry to see that you got no answers, as I am having a similar problem (though not the same).

I setup my Calibre library on a Synology NAS that is mounted as SMB (I believe) on my Windows PC. So far, it seems to work. My plan was to use the same library directory with a different PC, namely, my laptop running Linux. When I tried it, Calibre froze. Checking through the documentation, I found this "Do not put your calibre library on a networked drive" in the Calibre FAQ, so I guess my setup won't work.

Is there a way to run the Calibre server from the NAS itself? It would be a perfect solution, as it is typically accessible full time, whereas my various other computers are not running 24/7. But I'm afraid any solution to this is going to involve a more complex setup, and considerable efforts (at least for me...)
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
100% Read-Only Access to a Calibre Library on a NAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
I setup my Calibre library on a Synology NAS that is mounted as SMB (I believe) on my Windows PC. So far, it seems to work. My plan was to use the same library directory with a different PC, namely, my laptop running Linux. When I tried it, Calibre froze. Checking through the documentation, I found this "Do not put your calibre library on a networked drive" in the Calibre FAQ, so I guess my setup won't work.

Is there a way to run the Calibre server from the NAS itself? It would be a perfect solution, as it is typically accessible full time, whereas my various other computers are not running 24/7. But I'm afraid any solution to this is going to involve a more complex setup, and considerable efforts (at least for me...)

"Do not put your Calibre library on a networked drive" assumes that you will be using the Calibre GUI to access the Calibre Library. If you want to "always look but never touch" a specific Calibre Library, CalibreSpy does exactly that. See:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=25

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...39176#poststop

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:45 AM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
Sorry to see that you got no answers, as I am having a similar problem (though not the same).

Follow this thread, if you have Synology nas and want to run Calibre engine on Synology, with web access from any device.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=267302&page=1
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:04 AM   #5
wolf123
wolf123 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
There is also this other interesting project you might want to take a look at:

Calibre web - https://github.com/janeczku/calibre-web/
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert