Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur
HippieWiccan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Massive Data Size

The Kindle Android app has a massive data size on my tablet. It is over 5 GB with no books downloaded. I installed the app, it aync'd with Amazon, and the data size is huge! I did not download any books. This is just it showing me my cloud library! Amazon is no help...
HippieWiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Definitely too large. Mine uses 577 MB on my Android (might be counting with some books, not sure). Compared to other apps it is a space hog (not 5GB though).
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

I contacted Amazon and they didn't even to seem to understand what I was saying. I have uninstalled it a dozen times and every time I install and open it syncs (which near as I can tell just means loading my catalog of books) and when it is done it is over 5 gigs. I cannot afford that kind of space!
Old 08-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe possible you have a bunch of ebooks already in the kindle directory before installing the app?
Old 08-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #5
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

No. I did a factory rest of my tablet last week. Nothing on it. The instant I opened the app it started ticking up and didn't stop until it was over 5 ��
Advert
Old 08-01-2018, 09:16 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard

How long did it take? Was it downloading that much or just allocating space? Current version 8.9.0.72?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #7
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

It took about 2 hours and it is version 8.9.0.72
Old 08-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #8
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Then it downloaded a whole bunch. How many books are on device (check downloaded in library)?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #9
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

None. It is empty.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #10
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Showing "all items" and "downloaded" is empty?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #11
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

Yes it is
Old 08-01-2018, 09:36 PM   #12
DuckieTigger
Wizard

How big is internalstorage/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle mine is 160 MB.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:04 AM   #13
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

848 Mb
Old 08-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #14
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I afraid I'm with Amazon. This makes no sense and I don't have a clue. My android phone shows the Amazon app using 796MB. Over five gigabytes makes no sense.

My Kindle app has no books downloaded right now but the "All" reading shows, of course, all the books in the Kindle Cloud. I don't see how it can show none unless you have absolutely no books in your Kindle Account.

If it were me, I would definitely visit my favorite cell phone/tablet store and let someone who knows more than I do figure it out.

Last edited by patrickt; 08-02-2018 at 12:17 PM.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #15
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

IDK...I uninstalled again yesterday and reinstalled last night...this is where it is at right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-02-12-17-46.png
Views:	133
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	165388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-02-12-17-33.png
Views:	127
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	165389   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-02-12-17-21.png
Views:	125