Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 02:31 AM   #1
barutanseijin
Nxfgrrjks
barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Aura HD on/off in night mode: white diagonals

I recently acquired a second Aura HD to replace my first. (Cracked the screen Doh!). With the new one, which is running the latest firmware with the latest night mode, i notice that when i hit the power switch to go in our out of sleep a triangular portion of the upper right corner of the screen flashes white. Sometimes it is a tiny wedge, other times it is much larger. It's always the upper right quadrant. On occasion, if i'm very gentle with the power switch, I can put it to sleep without a white triangle. If the machine is not on night mode, i see nothing out of the ordinary.

I didn't notice this with my previous AuraHD. Has anyone else seen anything similar? Should I be concerned?
barutanseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:15 AM   #2
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
I see the same thing on my Aura HD with current F/W - when sleeping/resuming, the top right of the screen momentarily displays the bookmark symbol - what I would see if I had bookmarked the page. I just ignore it - it's there for a second and then gone.
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
barutanseijin
Nxfgrrjks
barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
This issue resolved itself after i updated the firmware to 3.8.0.
barutanseijin is offline   Reply With Quote