Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #61
Haldane
Haldane began at the beginning.

Device: android 7" tablet
Just wanted to thank you for the plug in, its great ! exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers
Haldane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #62
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Due to websitechanges the goodreads plugin has got an update.
The goodreadX-plugin is based on goodreads version 1.1.13 with the extension DavidFor made.

You do not have to update frating itself, just update the goodreadsX- plugin
The new version 0.2.3 is available at the start of this thread.

Enjoy
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #63
thekidsmom
Connoisseur
thekidsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3, nook, Nexus 7, iPad
Thank you! I use this plugin every day!
thekidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #64
MJV
Nyxing BookReader
MJV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Aura One, iPad 3,
I love this plugin, but a week or so ago it I started getting less and less results. In fact, many of the metadata searches are not retrieving the publisher and, therefore, no goodreads rating either. I even checked the source and metadata download configuration and still only occasionally I get the publisher data.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

UPDATE: apparently I solved it by unselecting some metadata source like Google and Goodreads.

Last edited by MJV; 05-06-2018 at 11:56 AM.
MJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:19 PM   #65
thekidsmom
Connoisseur
thekidsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3, nook, Nexus 7, iPad
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJV View Post

UPDATE: apparently I solved it by unselecting some metadata source like Google and Goodreads.
Thanks for posting your update; it helped me. I had inadvertently changed a metadata source as well. Now it's back in working order.
thekidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2018, 03:47 PM   #66
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The goodreadX-plugin is now based on goodreads version 1.2.0 ,last updated by DavidFor.
The only difference is the decimal rating, append to the publishersname

You do not have to update frating itself, just update the goodreadsX- plugin
The new version 0.2.4 is available at the start of this thread.

Enjoy
Old 11-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #67
Xodarap777
Xodarap777 began at the beginning.

Device: Xodarap777
I'm surprised no one else has said anything... But the tabbing is all wonky in __init__ in the newer goodreads-X plugin. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, and I tried every tab-combo in the world. There are several impossible-to-discern tabbings inside and outside loops.

I'm going to try comparing the -X with the original, but I thought you should know
Xodarap777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #68
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xodarap777 View Post
I'm surprised no one else has said anything... But the tabbing is all wonky in __init__ in the newer goodreads-X plugin. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, and I tried every tab-combo in the world. There are several impossible-to-discern tabbings inside and outside loops.

I'm going to try comparing the -X with the original, but I thought you should know
Thank you.
The editor messed it all up. I will publish a good one asap
Old 11-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #69
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Ok, fixed the tabbing problems in version 0.2.4.
New version will do the thing, available at the start of this thread

Thanks again for notifying. I do not use it my self, so I depend on this kind of calls.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 11-07-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:32 AM   #70
Lynnloi
Lynnloi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Plugin not transferring "Series" value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
Ok, fixed the tabbing problems in version 0.2.4.
New version will do the thing, available at the start of this thread

Thanks again for notifying. I do not use it my self, so I depend on this kind of calls.

Pr.Barnart, thank you very much for this plugin. It has been so helpful in determining the ratings of Goodreads.

In the past two months however, I have noticed that the plugin has not picked up the value/info under "Series". All the other values work fine. Could you kindly check? Thank you.
Lynnloi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #71
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnloi View Post

In the past two months however, I have noticed that the plugin has not picked up the value/info under "Series". All the other values work fine. Could you kindly check? Thank you.
Did you try the last version 2.5 , available at the startpost of this thread.
That version is very recent.( 1 week)
The goodreadsX is fully based on the goodreads plugin, with just a little tweak for the rating. It doens't affect series.

If you still have problems let me know.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #72
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think there was some tuning at the base plugin for series... but I'm not sure.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:58 AM   #73
Lynnloi
Lynnloi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
Did you try the last version 2.5 , available at the startpost of this thread.
That version is very recent.( 1 week)
The goodreadsX is fully based on the goodreads plugin, with just a little tweak for the rating. It doens't affect series.

If you still have problems let me know.
Hi Pr.BarnArt, I did not realise there was an updated version. Just tried it, and it works like a charm. Thanks very much. Really appreaciate your plugin.
Lynnloi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:12 PM   #74
futurebum
futurebum began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks for the plugin. i use it a lot. it wasn't working for me earlier so i checked it out and it seems they changed the layout of goodreads pages. new xpath line in parse_rating:

Code:
rating_node = root.xpath('//div[@id="metacol"]/div[@id="bookMeta"]/span[@itemprop="ratingValue"]')
thanks again.
futurebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #75
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurebum View Post
thanks for the plugin. i use it a lot. it wasn't working for me earlier so i checked it out and it seems they changed the layout of goodreads pages. new xpath line in parse_rating:
Thank you, but the goodreads_rating is based on the goodreads plugin.
I saw David did notice your remark and will publish an update.
After that I will update the goodreads_rating.