Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2023, 03:18 PM   #1
newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Exclamation Using deepl translator trough NickelMenu + NM icon

I've already posted this on NickleMenu github page, but since this is not striclty related to development I decided to post it also here.

On the forums i found this line for the configuration file in order to use google translate:

menu_item :selection :Google Translate :nickel_browser :modal:https://translate.google.com/?sl=ja&tl=en&text={1|S|%}&op=translate

But I can not make it work - it opens the pop up with google translate, prompts me to accept the terms and conditions but after that I can not choose a desired language output (all it does it copies the text into the google translate field).

Then I found that someone was using deepl translator which I prefer over google translate (https://www.deepl.com/translator), so I am wondering whether it would be possible to use deepl instead of google translate and how, since I can not even make the solution from the forum for google translate work in the first place. If it would be possible I would like to choose language when the pop-up window opens, otherwise I would like to have language detection set to automatic and translation to English as I would like to learn a new language. Maybe the line above is not the right for the intended purpose, idk really know since I am new to customization of my Kobo.Thank you for your help.

PS: another issue I am having is that experimental feature for active icon does not seem to work, I can only set normal (active) icon which doesn't change colour when clicked. Here are my lines:
experimental:menu_main_15505_label:Shortcuts
experimental:menu_main_15505_icon:/mnt/onboard/.adds/nm/.bookmark.png
experimental:menu_main_15505_icon_active:/mnt/onboard/.adds/nm/.bookmarkfull.png

Maybe there is a problem with icons I am using (see attached files - note that where they are stored they are named the same as in the lines above)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bookmark.png
Views:	56
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	200488   Click image for larger version

Name:	bookmarkfull.png
Views:	52
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	200489  
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote