Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-19-2023, 07:41 AM   #526
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
You have to follow the steps indicated in the link.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PocketBook random logo.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	199812   Click image for larger version

Name:	KOReader cover image 1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	199813   Click image for larger version

Name:	KOReader cover image 2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	199814   Click image for larger version

Name:	KOReader cover image 3.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	199815  
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 02:46 PM   #527
algernonramone
algernonramone began at the beginning.

Device: None
I apologize if this has already been brought up.

I have a Pocketbook Inkpad Color, and I just installed KOReader 2023.01 "Winter Ivy" (latest official stable release) on it. IT seems to work OK, but when I associate files to Koreader, it won't open them. I have to go into Koreader and then open them manually. This is not my preferred behavior. I'm using the cogwheel->"Device"->"Associate File Extensions" option. So far I have only tried it w/ CBZ files, but they are my primary filetype so I'd like to get them working. Anyone have any advice?

Thank you,

Ed
algernonramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2023, 03:49 PM   #528
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algernonramone View Post
I apologize if this has already been brought up.

I have a Pocketbook Inkpad Color, and I just installed KOReader 2023.01 "Winter Ivy" (latest official stable release) on it. IT seems to work OK, but when I associate files to Koreader, it won't open them. I have to go into Koreader and then open them manually. This is not my preferred behavior. I'm using the cogwheel->"Device"->"Associate File Extensions" option. So far I have only tried it w/ CBZ files, but they are my primary filetype so I'd like to get them working. Anyone have any advice?

Thank you,

Ed
Delete the "extensions.cfg" file (system/config/extensions.cfg), and repeat the process in KOReader, disabling all extensions and re-enabling .cbz.

Or manually edit the "extensions.cfg" file by specifying KOReader in the first place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	extensions.cfg.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	673.6 KB
ID:	200158  
Old 03-16-2023, 04:46 PM   #529
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Koreader page-turning process

Conclusions about inner mechanism of page turning in Koreader

- device: Inkpad 3
- device firmware: 6.7.1701.
- Koreder version: 01.2023. "Winter Ivy"
- ebook type: PDF file compised of scanned book pages
- ebook size: around 25MB, page resolution around 1400x900
- camera frame rate: 30 fps, consistent, 1 frame around 33 ms

1. After touching gesture, until the starting of page-turning process,
there is a consistent 500 ms delay before turnig starts

2. Page-turning process is gradual, not abrupt, some kind of
relatively slow, morphing process, untill full image is completely displayed,
which lasts typically 600 ms-750 ms (0.6-0.75s)

I included stopwatch for time measuring purposes, time can be very
accurately counted by frame counting, or stopwatch reading.

I am just curious, can developers give us (laymans, non programmers),
some basic insighs in inner Koreader's mechanisms involved
in page turning process. It is very interesting thing ...

To developers:
One big, big thank you for this magnificient app!
Attached Files
File Type: avi koreader_video.avi (3.77 MB, 80 views)

Last edited by VladimirS; 03-16-2023 at 04:56 PM.
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:12 PM   #530
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The answer to all of your questions is: because eInk on Android (is terrible).

Try a real device where we handle things natively with zero middleware (i.e., Kobo or Kindle), and you'll have a drastically snappier experience.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2023, 10:00 PM   #531
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
First try to disable double tap and other unnecessary gestures.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:11 AM   #532
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The answer to all of your questions is: because eInk on Android (is terrible).
PocketBook - not Android!
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 11:30 AM   #533
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops. Well, at least the middleware part still applies there (inkview) ;p.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:05 AM   #534
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! Keep up great work!
Old 03-20-2023, 04:47 PM   #535
VladimirS
Connoisseur

@mergen3107

You were absolutely right.

Koreader waits for user input (double taps, single taps, and multu-gestures), etc...
Software must wait for some pre-defined time interval in order to process any user
gesture, in order to recognise type of input.

Removing these gestures, or reducing time intervals, significantly reduces
time between page turns, and makes page turning faster, almost instantaneous...

Thank you very much for advice!

Last edited by VladimirS; 03-20-2023 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:11 PM   #536
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The only gesture that actually requires waiting (and isn't neceassary as self-explanatory as a long-press) is the double tap. Which is precisely why it's disabled by default: it has very few actual uses, and they cost *a lot* of UX.
Old 03-24-2023, 06:16 AM   #537
cellaris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
If Wi-Fi is on and active (not suspended) before opening any book with KOReader you should not have any problem. Once the book is open you can control the Wi-Fi from KOReader, and activate or deactivate it as many times as you want as long as you don't leave KOReader.

If before opening KOReader the Wi-Fi is turned off, or turned on but not active (remember that it is automatically suspended after 90 seconds of inactivity) then the problems you describe will appear.
Although I haven't mentioned it, if you want to access the PocketBook home page or Library without losing Wi-Fi control from KOReader, don't do it by closing KOReader, but by using the Task Manager key or the task switch key (or the one to access directly to the Library or the PocketBook main menu). This way you will always have the option to reactivate Wi-Fi when you return to KOReader even if you have suspended it.
Old 04-12-2023, 02:47 AM   #538
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tell me please, in which lua-file the maximum tilt angle of the horizontal swipe (paging) is set?
Old 04-12-2023, 01:09 PM   #539
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Are we talking the angle at which point horizontal becomes a diagonal? I would assume 45° ;p.

In any case, hope you like trig: https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L307-L337
Old 04-12-2023, 01:38 PM   #540
kaznelson
Old Kaz

NiLuJe
Thanks, I'll experiment...
Attached Images

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook