Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
MoOmEeN
MoOmEeN began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New service for sending RSS to Kindle

Hello,

I am creating the thread to check if there is any interest in the service that allows to deliver contents of the RSS feed to Kindle device. I know there/are quite a few services like this, but I didn't find anything that work particularly well. That is why I decided that I should do one

So the initial version is here: keendly.com
Feel free to give it a try, the idea was to use RSS aggregators, currently supported are Inoreader and the Old reader. There is no automatic delivery, yet

But the most important thing for me is to check if there is a need and interest in the service like this. Maybe I just missed something and there is already something that works good, maybe not, maybe you, readers are expecting something else.

So, feel free to post any feedback, feature idea, expectations to this kind of a service. I'd be happy to respond to any email as well: radek@keendly.com. All the feedback is priceless for me and hopefully will lead to creating a super useful service in the end.

thanks!

tl;dr

new service for delivering rss to kindle: keendly.com, check out and leave your feedback!
MoOmEeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
markroedel
markroedel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Gen
This is a pretty great start. I signed up for an Inoreader account and one feed subscription to test with, and it came over smoothly. Do you have a timeline in mind for activating automated delivery? What about longer-term plans for monetizing?
markroedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2016, 04:33 PM   #3
MoOmEeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroedel View Post
This is a pretty great start. I signed up for an Inoreader account and one feed subscription to test with, and it came over smoothly. Do you have a timeline in mind for activating automated delivery? What about longer-term plans for monetizing?
Thank you Nice to hear that it worked well.
Regarding automated delivery, today I received information from Inoreader guys that they now support OAuth2 authorization, which basically means that I could log in on a user's behalf without knowing the password. It makes automated delivery possible which is great news. The system is designed with automated delivery in mind, I don't have timeline though.

Currently I am focusing on validating the idea, reaching potential users and gathering feedback. Not sure about the monetization, maybe the freemium model, nothing decided yet.

Feel free to ping me via email (radek@keendly.com) if you have any other questions
Old 06-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
b.ashish
b.ashish began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Not Working Properly

Hi...

For me this site is not working properly.
I sent one feed to my kindle but that was not same as in the inoreader.
Please check if your tool is making it right or not.
b.ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:37 AM   #5
Guthers
Guthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the rough

Device: KPW3
Awesome - I've just upgraded from a 4 year old Kindle Touch to a new PW3 and wanted to find a nice RSS aggregation/delivery service. I used to use something similar way back in my Psion days (showing my age) and it struck me that my nice new Kindle would lend itself very well to a similar setup.

Have signed up for both Inoreader and Keendly - will report back my experiences.

Many thanks for working on this!
Guthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2016, 06:39 AM   #6
Guthers
Guthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the rough

Device: KPW3
I can confirm that - after a slight glitch yesterday - this works very nicely indeed. There's a limit of 20 feeds per digest (what Keendly calls 'subscriptions') but you can have multiple subscriptions.

I've used it with Inoreader and it's pretty sweet. Many thanks for making this available!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_09_01T11_35_27+0101.png
Views:	632
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	151318  
Guthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:14 AM   #7
Hakarune
Hakarune began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
I recently bought my first kindle (present to myself) and had been trying to find a good way to send RSS magazines to it. I found your site, but it doesn't seem to like sending to my kindle. I imported all my feedly feeds to impressed, but the daily sending isn't working. It will send on manual run sometimes, or just not at all. I thought maybe it was too many articles and feeds, but even sending a single feed full of articles fails. Also, i thought maybe it was my feeds, some of my news feeds get 100 articles; though sending a small single source feed from CNET (30 articles) also fails.

Are there send or processing limits per account or something? Would love to get this working properly.
Hakarune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #8
MoOmEeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakarune View Post
I recently bought my first kindle (present to myself) and had been trying to find a good way to send RSS magazines to it. I found your site, but it doesn't seem to like sending to my kindle. I imported all my feedly feeds to impressed, but the daily sending isn't working. It will send on manual run sometimes, or just not at all. I thought maybe it was too many articles and feeds, but even sending a single feed full of articles fails. Also, i thought maybe it was my feeds, some of my news feeds get 100 articles; though sending a small single source feed from CNET (30 articles) also fails.

Are there send or processing limits per account or something? Would love to get this working properly.
Sorry for not replying to your comment, I missed it somehow. Do you still use Keendly? If so, do you still experience problems? During last months we've mode quite a few changes to make the service more stable.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:22 AM   #9
rafikius
Enthusiast
rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K3 3G
Hello!
Has your project been closed ?
rafikius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #10
MoOmEeN

Yep, unfortunately. For more info: http://blog.keendly.com/product/shutting-down/
Old 07-19-2018, 01:05 PM   #11
markroedel
markroedel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Gen
Those looking for an alternative - since Keendly shut down, I've been using a combination of IFTTT and http://tinderbox.ninja to get RSS feed updates forwarded to my Kindle, and that's been working pretty well so far...
markroedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:48 AM   #12
Serggg
Serggg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Touch
shameless self-promo: sendtoreader.com is still alive (since 2011!)
"Personal periodicals" - is the thing for sending RSS feeds to Kindle, in full-text format of course. There's no free plan for RSS there though.
Serggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:02 AM   #13
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Privacy & security issues. Which is why I disable Pocket on a browser. RSS feeds are easy to use and then use Calibre to make them into an eBook.

Except a lot of sites are abandoning/crippling RSS. I used to use Thunderbird to read them and Newsgroups.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:43 AM   #14
princeyann
princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 3 and K4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Except a lot of sites are abandoning/crippling RSS
With the right tools, any site can be converted to a feed. That is what I do so I can automate visits to thousands of page and read everything from the comfort of my reader.
princeyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keendly, kindle, rss