Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #121
Polynésia
Polynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo glo
plugin : 1.31
calibre, version 0.9.30 x64
kobo glo

ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le lecteur électronique

Failed to parse 'Double Jeu' by 'Abbott, Jeff' with error: 'character mapping must return integer, None or unicode' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 74)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 551, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.driver", line 286, in upload_books
InvalidEPub: Failed to parse 'Double Jeu' by 'Abbott, Jeff' with error: 'character mapping must return integer, None or unicode' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 74)
Polynésia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #122
riedje
riedje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Kobo Aura HD
Just a quick update from my side, I've tried the following steps (and ran a restart+book export after each step), all with negative results:

- Delete settings file 'device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py'
- Download version 1.3.0 (commit a54f11faff, May 07, 2013)
- Reinstate settings file
- Clear settings files, configured plugin
- Download version 1.2.7 (commit 192b5b9479: April 17, 2013)
- Clear settings files, configured plugin

I'm not sure whether I've been running on 1.2.7 or 1.3.0 (I strongly suspect 1.2.7 given the timeline of the releases), but I'm pretty sure no earlier version than 1.2.7 (I've only been using this plugin for 4 days).

The other significant change was that I upgraded to calibre 0.9.30 at the same time I upgraded the plugin to 1.3.1. I have not yet reinstalled calibre 0.9.29 to check whether that resolves the issue.
riedje is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #123
riedje
riedje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Kobo Aura HD
Update 2: downgrading to calibre 0.9.29 while running version 1.3.1 of the plugin resolved my issues, I'm once again able to export files to the device!
riedje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #124
friedmandu
friedmandu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Update 2: downgrading to calibre 0.9.29 while running version 1.3.1 of the plugin resolved my issues, I'm once again able to export files to the device!
I have replicated riedje's procedure and can confirm that it works.

Thanks, riedje - brilliant work!
friedmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #125
friedmandu
friedmandu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Woops, double post... but while I'm here, let me just thank you, jgoguen, once again for your work on this great plugin!

Last edited by friedmandu; 05-12-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: double post; thanks jgoguen
friedmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #126
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I just upgrade to Calibre 0.9.3 and I can't export my books to my Kobo anymore.

These are the error messages I get:

Failed to parse 'The Black Hole War' by 'Leonard Susskind' with error: 'character mapping must return integer, None or unicode' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 74)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 551, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.driver", line 286, in upload_books
InvalidEPub: Failed to parse 'The Black Hole War' by 'Leonard Susskind' with error: 'character mapping must return integer, None or unicode' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 74)

------
I may have to downgrade back to Calibre 0.9.2.

Update: The Kobo Touch Extender plugin works with Calibre 0.9.2. but not with 0.9.3.

Last edited by RZetlin; 05-11-2013 at 12:13 AM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I had trouble accessing Github.

Here is the log after I plugged it in the second time (and there is no series information for the one book I transferred):

This is on a Kobo Glo 2.5.1.

The log is from the second time I plugged in the book. When I looked at the job log, only two jobs were executed.
Check the setting of "Metadata management" on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences. It needs to be set to automatic for the series information to be written to the database.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #128
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thank you davidfor. That did it.

I think this may have been suggested before, but I got mixed up on where the setting was.

Sorry for the diversion.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #129
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Can anyone getting the error 'character mapping must return integer, None or unicode' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 74) PM me a link to a book that's not working for them? I can't seem to find any in my library that are breaking but I need to see a book that's broken for others.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #130
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Hello,

Using Calibre 0.9.29 with the last version of the plugin and a reference.kepub.epub.
On a Glo and a Mini (firmware 2.5.2), when I leave and come back in my current book, I loose the last page, returning to the first page of the chapter.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #131
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You've got a book where the Kobo tags aren't all being added properly.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #132
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
You've got a book where the Kobo tags aren't all being added properly.
Thanks for answer.

Is there a way to rebuild the book (with Calibre) ?
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #133
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

You can tweak the book, but that would be a tedious manual process. Maybe you could do something with Sigil but I'm not familiar with Sigil so I'm not sure exactly what it's capable of doing automatically.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #134
Glueckstiger
Glueckstiger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo 2.5.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Can anyone getting the error 'character mapping must return integer, None or unicode' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 74) PM me a link to a book that's not working for them? I can't seem to find any in my library that are breaking but I need to see a book that's broken for others.
I sent you a pn.

Last edited by Glueckstiger; 05-11-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Glueckstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #135
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

It looks like this is actually a bug in Python 2.7.4. Clearly calibre can work around it so I'll have to investigate what calibre is doing and implement it.

Tags
error, kobo aura one