Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #1
johneverson
Zealot
johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
THE FAMILY TREE ... Let it get its roots in you!

TODAY IS THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DAY for my new horror novel, THE FAMILY TREE!

My 8th novel, THE FAMILY TREE, is now available at Amazon -- https://www.amazon.com/Family-Tree-J...dp/B01N4MCONU/ -- and all the other usual e-book outlets.

So I'm throwing a release day party!

THE DEAL: Anyone who sends me some kind of proof of purchase from Amazon showing that they’ve ordered a copy of THE FAMILY TREE today (or pre-ordered it prior to today – you guys were out in front!), will be entered into a drawing to win a signed copy of your choice of one of my other (dead tree) books. COVENANT, SACRIFICE, THE 13TH, SIREN, THE PUMPKIN MAN, NIGHTWHERE, VIOLET EYES, NEEDLES & SINS, VIGILANTES OF LOVE, CAGE OF BONES & OTHER DEADLY OBSESSIONS. Name it, and it’s yours, if your name is pulled from The Great Pumpkin (my official contest bucket!).

THE CATCH: To enter, you have to grab yourself a copy of THE FAMILY TREE today from Amazon. And then email me your entry to john@johneverson.com. Pretty easy, really.

Contest or no, I do hope you’ll check this novel out… and hope you’ll enjoy the story! Here’s the back cover description of the new book:

The Family Tree. Its roots are old…and twisted!
The blood of the tree is its sap. It has sustained Scott Belvedere’s family for generations. It’s the secret ingredient behind the family’s intoxicating ale and bourbon, among other elixirs. But only when Scott inherits The Family Tree Inn, deep in the hills of Virginia, does he learn anything about his family, its symbiotic history, or the mammoth, ancient tree around which the inn is literally built. And after he stumbles upon the bony secrets hidden in its roots, while in the welcoming arms of the innkeeper’s daughter, he realizes that not only is blood thicker than water—it’s the only thing that might save him from the hideous fate of his ancestors…

Spend Halloween with me and THE FAMILY TREE! :-)

https://www.amazon.com/Family-Tree-J...p/B01N4MCONU//

Last edited by johneverson; 11-28-2017 at 12:55 PM.
johneverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
johneverson
Zealot
johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

THE FAMILY TREE's first three reviews on Amazon are 5-star ratings! One of them notes:

"I enjoyed THE FAMILY TREE immensely. I've been aware of Mr. Everson' s reputation, but hadn't read his work. This story is very tautly plotted, with not a wasted moment or a stitch dropped. I highly recommend it. The non-human element is scary--and the humans! Oh my!!"

Give it a try for Halloween:
https://www.amazon.com/Family-Tree-J...dp/B01N4MCONU/

Last edited by johneverson; 05-07-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
johneverson
Zealot

THE FAMILY TREE named one of the Top 10 Horror Novels of 2014

I'm pretty stoked that my 8th novel, the horror tale THE FAMILY TREE, has been named on the Horror Novel Reviews website as one of the Top 10 Horror Novels of 2014!

You can see the full description of the book on Amazon here:

HNR called it "a crazy, crazy engaging story that leads readers down an exciting but unexpected path."

You can see the full review and list of novels here:

http://horrornovelreviews.com/2014/1...ovels-of-2014/

Last edited by johneverson; 06-30-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
johneverson
Zealot

This week, my 8th novel, THE FAMILY TREE, is available for 99 cents on all the major bookstore outlets! (It's actually £0.49 in the UK). The Horror Fiction Review called it ""A sure-fire hit for anyone who loves 70s/80s-styled pulp horror."

Take a look:

AMAZON US: https://www.amazon.com/Family-Tree-J...dp/B01N4MCONU/

Last edited by johneverson; 05-07-2017 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
johneverson
Zealot

LAST CHANCE - Download THE FAMILY TREE today for just 99 cents!

My horror novel THE FAMILY TREE - a "fountain of youth gone darkly wrong" kind of tale - has been on a 99 cent sale on all bookstores for the past three weeks. Readers call it "Scary Good Reading," "Truly Exceptional Horror" and "Horror with a hard-on."

The publisher told me THE FAMILY TREE was supposed to go back to normal price already, but right now, it's still on Amazon for a buck. I assume tomorrow morning it will finally return to normal price for the new week. So grab it while it's still cheap today:

AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/Family-Tree-J...p/B01N4MCONU//

Last edited by johneverson; 06-30-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
johneverson
Zealot

So... last week, my publisher took THE FAMILY TREE off sale after it was promoted at 99 cents for a couple weeks... but no sooner did they change the price back to $4.24 than Amazon decided to put it on their OWN sale... so... now the book is available for the oddball price of $1.65 for... I don't know how long since Samhain Publishing did not authorize it... it could end tonight. So grab a copy while it's weirdly cheap! Readers have called the novel "Scary Good Reading," "Truly Exceptional Horror" and "Horror with a hard-on."

Here's a quick teaser about the novel:

At first, Scott Belvedere can't believe his luck when he inherits not only a backwoods family inn built around an ancient tree, but the welcoming arms of the innkeeper’s sultry daughter. The tree holds the secret ingredient behind the inn’s intoxicating ale and bourbon — and possibly immortality! But soon he realizes that the roots of the tree are not simply old and twisted... they're rooted in bones. And not only is blood thicker than water — it’s the only thing that might save him from the hideous fate of his ancestors…

Last edited by johneverson; 05-07-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:09 AM   #7
johneverson
Zealot

Samhain Publishing, the original publisher of The Family Tree, went out of business in January. Consequently, my 8th novel has just been reissued by Dark Arts Books with a new cover -- and to celebrate the relaunch, it's on sale this week for 99 cents! I'm hoping more people will enjoy this backwoods "family secrets" horror novel thanks to the sale. This is my take on the classic plot of "what if a guy inherits a backwoods inn and finds out about the real dark secret history of his family."

The Family Tree
features seductive femme fatales, a fountain of youth and a basement full of roots and bones...

Check it out for 99 cents on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Family-Tree-J.../dp/B01N4MCONU
Old 11-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #8
johneverson
Zealot

My 8th horror novel, The Family Tree, is currently on a CyberWeek sale this week for 99 cents! It was featured on BookBub yesterday and peaked at #666 on the overall Amazon Bestsellers chart last night, which I thought was a pretty appropriate place to top out!

I'm hoping more people will enjoy this backwoods "family secrets" horror novel thanks to the sale. This is my take on the classic plot of "what if a guy inherits a backwoods inn and finds out about the real dark secret history of his family."

The Family Tree
features femme fatales, a fountain of youth and a basement full of roots and bones...

Check it out for 99 cents on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Family-Tree-J.../dp/B01N4MCONU
Old 06-30-2018, 02:32 PM   #9
johneverson
Zealot

My horror novel, The Family Tree, is currently on a "CHILLS OF SUMMER" sale this weekend for 99 cents on Amazon!

I'm hoping more people will enjoy this backwoods "family secrets" / "fountain of youth" horror novel thanks to the 99 cent sale (which includes several of my novels). This is my take on the classic plot of "what if a guy inherits a backwoods inn and finds out about the real sinister secret history of his family."

Recent four and five-star reviews have called it "A Brilliant Read" and said "I liked this book .. A really creepy weird story!"

Old 12-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #10
johneverson
Zealot

My horror novel, The Family Tree, is currently on a "HORROR BEFORE CHRISTMAS" sale this week for 99 cents on Amazon!

The Horror Fiction Review
called this one "A sure-fire hit for anyone who loves '70s/'80s-styled pulp horror."

I'm hoping more people will enjoy this backwoods "family secrets" / "fountain of youth" horror novel thanks to the 99 cent sale.

Reviews have called it "A Brilliant Read" and said "I liked this book .. A really creepy weird story!"