Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #331
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
You prefer The Eagles?
YES!!
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #332
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The Eagles are okay, but I like most these bands better (in no particular order):

60's --> Beatles, Kinks, Yardbirds, Animals, Hollies, Dave Clark 5, Cream, Traffic, Beach Boys, Byrds, Guess Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Doors, Four Seasons, Searchers, Jimi Hendrix, Mamas & Papas, Rolling Stones, Vanilla Fudge, Monkees, Ten Years After, Sonny & Cher, Steppenwolf, Blind Faith, CSNY (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young), Moody Blues, Zombies, Who, Small Faces, Velvet Underground, Procol Harum, Chicago,

70's --> AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Foghat, Uriah Heep, Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Humble Pie, Mott the Hoople, Faces, Boston, Heart, Blue Oyster Cult, Golden Earring, Fleetwood Mac, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Badfinger, Quicksilver Messenger Service, T. Rex, Journey, Bad Company, Joe Walsh, Grand Funk Railroad, Talking Heads, King Crimson, Head East,

80's --> Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne,

90's --> Soundgarden, Nirvana, Candlebox, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Presidents of the USA, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Collective Soul, Radiohead, Offspring, Breeders,

00's --> White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age,

That's a start
You forgot the most awesome band ever. Def Leppard.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:04 PM   #333
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You forgot the most awesome band ever. Def Leppard.
You just like them because they sing about making desserts.
"Pour some sugar on me.....:
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #334
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
You just like them because they sing about making desserts.
"Pour some sugar on me.....:
Oh you mean it isn't what the drummer wears.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:44 PM   #335
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
I did wonder.

Someone commented about a lot of "white men" in yours which reminded me that one trip in the US I wandered into a record store and around 20 pairs of tense eyes latched onto me as I checked the shelves, me being white. All was smiles once they saw my picks though :-), although I have to say that ones selection was somewhat guided by what was stocked but that was why I was there in the first place.

I was going to add from my list but it got far too complicated: but comes immediately to mind that among UK 60s artists The Kinks would be in there for me.
The Kinks are my fav group of all-time.

I do like quite a few black artists from the 50s, 60s, and 70s - Four Tops, Drifters, Spinners, Supremes, Mary Wells, Johnny Mathis, Fats Domino, Ben E King, Chuck Berry, EWF (Earth, Wind & Fire), etc.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:30 AM   #336
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Nice article by Patti Smith about her Nobel gig:

Quote:
The evening’s proceedings went as planned. As I sat there, I imagined laureates of the past walking toward the King to accept their medals. Hermann Hesse, Thomas Mann, Albert Camus. Then Bob Dylan was announced as the Nobel Laureate in Literature, and I felt my heart pounding. After a moving speech dedicated to him was read, I heard my name spoken and I rose. As if in a fairy tale, I stood before the Swedish King and Queen and some of the great minds of the world, armed with a song in which every line encoded the experience and resilience of the poet who penned them.

The opening chords of the song were introduced, and I heard myself singing. The first verse was passable, a bit shaky, but I was certain I would settle. But instead I was struck with a plethora of emotions, avalanching with such intensity that I was unable to negotiate them. From the corner of my eye, I could see the the huge boom stand of the television camera, and all the dignitaries upon the stage and the people beyond. Unaccustomed to such an overwhelming case of nerves, I was unable to continue. I hadn’t forgotten the words that were now a part of me. I was simply unable to draw them out.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #337
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
What a Classic! Amazing Poetry!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:55 AM   #338
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
In case anyone is still interested in this the Academy has posted an update on their blog...
https://akademibloggen.wordpress.com...s-about-dylan/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:10 AM   #339
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
In case anyone is still interested in this the Academy has posted an update on their blog...
https://akademibloggen.wordpress.com...s-about-dylan/
Excellent! Thanks!
Old 06-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #340
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
The prize stipulates that winners must give a lecture by June 10 to be eligible for the cash prize. He recorded a lecture on June 4 in Los Angeles.

Bob Dylan - Nobel Lecture
John K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #341
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by John K View Post
The prize stipulates that winners must give a lecture by June 10 to be eligible for the cash prize. He recorded a lecture on June 4 in Los Angeles.

Bob Dylan - Nobel Lecture
Thanks for the link!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #342
kennyc

Speech Illustrated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bob-dylan-and-the-whale.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	157379