Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #1
kjulia28
kjulia28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Collection problem with Glo HD

A few months ago when I bought my Kobo Glo HD, I set up collections on it using the Kobo Shelves and Collections wiki, and after a bit of trial and error, it worked fine.

Two days ago, after not transfering any books to the Kobo in a few weeks, my Kobo crashed funny and seemed to eat all my collections. I tried to re-send my library to the Kobo, but I could no longer get collections on the Kobo.

I've since done a factory reset on my Kobo and went over the steps described in the Wiki, using the same names and mirroring all the settings. And yet when I send books to the Kobo, there are no collections. (Except the Kobo-specific IM_Reading one, which shows up for the odd book.)

The one thing I changed from before was that currently wifi is enabled, because I actually used the Kobo store a time or two in the meantime. But I don't see how that could be connected to Calibre not building collections anymore.

I know this is a somewhat frequent question; I've searched the forums and checked if I was missing anything obvious. But I haven't found anything I might be missing, and I don't know what to do or try anymore. :-( Anybody have a tip for me?
kjulia28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It is most likely to be a configuration problem. The most common is missing the setting for the metadata management option. But the "Im_Reading" collection wouldn't show up if this was the case.

The next most common is the wrong column names in the collections column field of the driver configuration. That's usually forgetting the "#" for custom columns.

After that, it is configuring the wrong driver. If you are using the extended driver, make sure you configure that and not the KoboTouch driver.

If you post the driver configuration file, I can check what is in it. Depending on which driver you are using it is either "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCH.py" or "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py' in the calibre configuration directory.

If that doesn't show anything, I need a debug log. This usually shows what is wrong. This is started by right-clicking on the preferences button and selecting "Restart in debug mode". When calibre restarts, connect the device, wait for the initial jobs to run and close calibre. The log will be displayed. Please post or PM the full log.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections