Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 07:02 AM   #421
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2011 View Post
I will try connecting a USB-C mini-SD card reader to the Boox Note as soon as I receive it. Perhaps that will work for expanding storage.
Look at the thread on OTG an external power supply is needed : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=294661
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:37 AM   #422
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
My device is airgapped for security - no Internet.
Also, some of the files I use are huge.
Ah, I see. Security matters to me too, especially now that we've seen worldwide waves of ransomware - giving hackers more of an incentive to exploit vulnerabilities. I keep lots of private stuff on my tablet, but haven't secured it yet. I was going to use Boxcryptor with Dropbox, but it's been such a hassle setting up Boxcryptor.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2018, 06:05 AM   #423
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
V1.8.3(0315) for BOOX Max2 and Note were released in domestic China today.

Translated by Google translate:

----------------------------------------

Neo Reader 2.0:

Fix the TOC - notes, delete the handwritten page directly, exit the TOC, handwriting will automatically open, exit the document does not quit the handwriting state;
Fix the problem of zooming caused by the middle shortcut button of the electromagnetic pen in PDF reading (the new electromagnetic pen with middle button has no function definition at present);
Fix the sidenotes, automatically standby, will exit sidenote lead to notes not automatically save the problem;
When modifying the sidenotes, the right handwriting area is not limited in size, and the sidenote page is scaled to the same height as the pdf page when exported as a PDF;

notes:

Repairing the note occasionally generates a file with the same name and the file cannot be edited and deleted to exit the problem;
Fix the problem of missing 2 strokes when switching to vector handwriting;
Fixed issue where the status of the notes was not updated when switching from handwriting to eraser;
Repair vector handwriting - After entering text on the keyboard, enter the carriage, the cursor can not be positioned to the first word of each line
Fix the handwriting sometimes stuck problem, such as writing directly after 15-20 minutes; (slightly increase power consumption)
Add notes toolbar - forbid the touch function, prohibit the touch in the note, reduce the impact of the touch on the electromagnetic pen, and automatically open the touch after exiting the note file;
Optimize the marginal handwriting of the note;

system:

Optimize the kindle app paging effect;
Optimize Koreader opening speed and page turning effect;
Modify the English system browser default home page is google;
Fix the system mute, restart the silent speaker icon automatically becomes a non-mute icon, the volume is still 0;
Feedback, increase the option to send note data (if there is privacy, please do not send);
Fix the problem that if the status bar volume is off to 0, the icon of “Do Not Disturb” can't go away;

Last edited by cqman; 03-17-2018 at 06:08 AM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #424
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
It looks like they didn't add an option to change the sidenotes being only on the right. Too bad...

(Also the update doesn't seem to be available right now - at least the "cloud update" didn't find it for me)
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #425
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Onyx Boox Max2 (Wacom only)

A nice video for the presentation of the Max2.

Edit (before the final edition, problem to access at the video) :
The URL used is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyXRc_HHFnM. I don't know why the display of the URL differ.

When I edit the post I see with '[]' replaced by '<>' to a good display
Quote:
<YOUTUBE><url>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyXRc_HHFnM</ur></YOUTUBE>
Edit (final): Mdp write to use only the 11 characters ID
Quote:
<YOUTUBE>vyXRc_HHFnM</YOUTUBE>

Last edited by Randy11; 03-31-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Advert
Old 03-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #426
iFlak
Enthusiast
iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: reMarkable
Must not be available in my area
iFlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #427
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Not playing here either.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:57 AM   #428
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
For some unknown reason reason, the URL you provided is broken:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
A nice video for the presentation of the Max2.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/%3Ca%20href=
The source of your post luckily reveals the actual link:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyXRc_HHFnM
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:17 AM   #429
iFlak
Enthusiast
iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: reMarkable
Ahhh I saw this video a few weeks ago, thanks for the link That is actually the one that got me excited for the note.
iFlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:20 AM   #430
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
For some unknown reason reason, the URL you provided is broken:
The source of your post luckily reveals the actual link:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyXRc_HHFnM
Thanks, I've updated my post. The problem is I don't use the video's URL as expected. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #431
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
The problem is I don't use the video's URL as expected. Any help will be appreciated.
In the "youtube" tags, just put the 11 chars ID.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:28 AM   #432
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
In the "youtube" tags, just put the 11 chars ID.

Post updated with the log of the modifications, it could be useful.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #433
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
New Onyx-based devices coming!
I don't know much about them but here the website:
https://www.padformusician.com/en/
The single version may be a custom version of Max (Carta?) while the double version is made of 2 hinged and bluetooth-paired devices.
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:58 AM   #434
Randy11
Wizard

Good news, if some users/vendors could develop some specific applications for the new Onyx devices.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:55 AM   #435
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Hmm, my wife (the musician in the family) is talking about getting herself a Max 2, mostly for the same reasons as I did - reading full page PDF files (she's the heavy reader, but she doesn't want to switch to ereading as she likes the feel of paper for "pleasure" reading). If there's a way to get her scores on PDF instead of the tons of paper ones she keeps, it might even be a bonus (though I suspect she'll want to keep to the tons of paper, at least in the beginning).
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote