Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Cloud Books without Covers

I'm trying to set up DHs Voyage (my old one) and all of a sudden his Cloud books have no covers. When I download them they have no covers as well. Does anyone know If this an Amazon server issue, only I've just factory reset it?

After the factory reset it did show cloud covers, and I downloaded about a dozen books with covers, but then all the covers on the cloud books disappeared and any I subsequently download are coverless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6610.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	855.7 KB
ID:	159794  
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:54 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on please?
Old 11-04-2017, 03:53 AM   #3
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I had something similar on my new oasis. A reset corrected it.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:55 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I had something similar on my new oasis. A reset corrected it.
. I keep resetting. I'm hoping its a server issue and eventually all the covers will appear on the cloud then I can download the books.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:13 AM   #5
sfblap
sfblap began at the beginning.

Device: none
you synchronize mobi old or mobi both format?
if you send mobi old format, the cover will show
By the way, I would like to ask: does anyone know how to send file with mobi both format that display cover ?
sfblap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:32 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfblap View Post
By the way, I would like to ask: does anyone know how to send file with mobi both format that display cover ?
The issue with hubbys kindle is for Amazon ebooks, not personal documents. He only buys ebooks from Amazon.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:57 AM   #7
sfblap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
The issue with hubbys kindle is for Amazon ebooks, not personal documents. He only buys ebooks from Amazon.
sorry , what about my question? do you have any idea?
Old 11-04-2017, 06:08 AM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
sorry , what about my question? do you have any idea?
For my own personal documents, as I buy a lot of books from places other than Amazon, I only send mobi files via the Send to Kindle software. I do not use a dual format. I also resize all the covers to be 1200 x 1800 and therefore I always get a cover on my kindle.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:07 AM   #9
sfblap

Quote:
For my own personal documents, as I buy a lot of books from places other than Amazon, I only send mobi files via the Send to Kindle software. I do not use a dual format. I also resize all the covers to be 1200 x 1800 and therefore I always get a cover on my kindle.
but i want to use azw3 format because it has more advantages
Old 11-04-2017, 08:10 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
You could always use "List" view on the library screen, as I do. That way you won't see covers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:12 AM   #11
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm sorry but I cannot help you. Maybe others can. I was under the impression you could not send a dual format and keep covers which is why I use mobi. It's good enough for me.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #12
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Correct. Can't have covers for azw3 with PDOC flag on newer firmware versions. You have to choose sync of covers, or old mobi format.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #13
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
The only way that works for me is to sideload dual mobi from Calibre via USB but then they are not in the cloud... but they do have covers.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #14
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
. I keep resetting. I'm hoping its a server issue and eventually all the covers will appear on the cloud then I can download the books.
I have found this issue when downloading 2000+ books to my KO2. Initially I kept resetting, latterly I just left it for a while and they downloaded. I am pretty sure that any problems are a server issue, not a KO2 issue. Anyway it's all sorted now.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:26 AM   #15
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I have found this issue when downloading 2000+ books to my KO2. Initially I kept resetting, latterly I just left it for a while and they downloaded. I am pretty sure that any problems are a server issue, not a KO2 issue. Anyway it's all sorted now.
Hubbys kindle is a Voyage, but you are correct it's an Amazon server issue. I finally finished this morning and 691 of his 695 books have downloaded with covers now. I'm calling that a win

Three kindles I've had to do with that amount of books each. I think I've had enough of downloading for a while