Anyone know what is going on here? This is in ValidateEpub.cpp:

Code:
   try
    {
        throw(std::exception());
    }

catch ( std::exception& exception )
    {
        results.push_back( Result( ERROR_EPUB_NOT_VALID_ZIP_ARCHIVE )
                           .SetCustomMessage( exception.what() ) );
        return results;
    }
If it's not implemented yet, perhaps that would be a better return/error message?
davidnwelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Probably checking if the ePUB is a valid ePUB. After all, it is an zip file. However, it must be created in a certain manner.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
davidnwelton
davidnwelton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Probably checking if the ePUB is a valid ePUB. After all, it is an zip file. However, it must be created in a certain manner.
Well, as written, it's guaranteed to throw an exception and then an error, no matter what file you give it. Seems kind of odd.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
And yet epubs are validated without any errors all the time by the integrated Flightcrew. So we're missing something. As written... yes, there will be an exception and an error, but the snippet of code doesn't tell us when; under what circumstances; or even IF that code gets called.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #5
davidnwelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
And yet epubs are validated without any errors all the time by the integrated Flightcrew. So we're missing something. As written... yes, there will be an exception and an error, but the snippet of code doesn't tell us when; under what circumstances; or even IF that code gets called.
No, that method does not get called from the integrated code. I read that, and it uses an already opened ePub directory via this method:

FC_WIN_DLL_API std::vector< Result > ValidateEpubRootFolder( const std::string &root_folder_path );

Which works great when I tested it myself. I'm just wondering what the story is with the other method.

I'm interested in this because I'd like to have a flight crew command line executable again, but don't know the code base very well, yet.

Thanks
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Which works great when I tested it myself. I'm just wondering what the story is with the other method.
Not sure. Could just be residual debugging stuff. Clearly there's no reason for the integrated Flightcrew to test the validity of a zip archive that already had to be successfully unzipped by Sigil before Flightcrew could be run ... so perhaps it was just a kludge left over from the transition from stand-alone program to integrated library.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-31-2013 at 06:00 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The FlightCrew in Sigil and the FlightCrew as a standalone library are not in sync with one another. Sigil doesn't use that method because there is no reason to validate the archive because it was already validated by being opened.

What happened is I replaced zipios with minizip in Sigil. Since that method isn't used by Sigil I just removed the zipios functionality from the bundled FlightCrew. I never got around to changing FlightCrew to use minizip instead of zipios.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Just so it's clear that function actually works and is proper in the standalone FlightCrew source. It's only in Sigil that that function doesn't do anything.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #9
davidnwelton

@user_none - thanks for taking the time to answer; it's appreciated. So I guess my next question is: which one should I be utilizing? I went with the Sigil one because I thought that was the latest and greatest, but perhaps it's pretty stable and I should just utilize this one?

https://code.google.com/p/flightcrew/

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnwelton View Post
@user_none - thanks for taking the time to answer; it's appreciated. So I guess my next question is: which one should I be utilizing? I went with the Sigil one because I thought that was the latest and greatest, but perhaps it's pretty stable and I should just utilize this one?

https://code.google.com/p/flightcrew/

Thanks!

the only prolem with this is that one cannot pass an ePub to it on the command line.

At least this is true on win7 pro with the 64bit version,
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
the only prolem with this is that one cannot pass an ePub to it on the command line.

Huh?

Code:
Syntax for cli is 
Usage: flightcrew-cli [options] file...
Code:
D:\Downloads>"c:\Program Files\FlightCrew\FlightCrew-cli.exe" "The Pharaoh and the Priest.epub"
No problems found.
and this is using Windows 7, 64 bit and the current version (Windows (x64) build 0.7.2) of FlightCrew.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post

That is true for XP also.
When did that get fixed? My Bug 26 is still open from 2011

Last edited by theducks; 11-04-2013 at 10:34 AM. Reason: add bug number
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote