Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #481
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have been trying the Set reader font option and it does not seem to work right for me.

I changed the line spacing from 1 to 2 and the line spacing actually got tighter although the slider position was increased about 25%.

The dialogue box shows it as 2 when it pops up and as 7 when I click get configuration settings. The custom settings show it as 1.07 but the lines are almost touching now on the reader.

I was thinking one box was for slider position, but I only get 8 and the get functions show it as 7 where it is only at the second or third so I must be wrong on that.

Tried another book and the line spacing changed although it does not seem to be what I wanted, probably I am not understanding. Also the font became really small and the margins negative. Just me being stupid I imagine.

Helen
Long detailed step by step

Spoiler:
Having some odd problems.

Last week I ran the Kobo Utilities plugin store/restore to update my finished books. Then I added 3 books.

After ejecting my home screen was changed.
A book I had finished was/is in the top left corner replacing the one I was reading.
The book I was reading was marked unread.
The sleep cover was from my last book finished.
Both the shelf list and the collection lists still existed.

I chalked it up to weird things my HD does to confuse and amaze me.

Today I was reading the font thread and saw the options to change font settings and of course I had to plug in my Aura HD as that sounds interesting.

I plugged it in, waited for the jobs to stop, switched to device view, selected a book, clicked Set Reader Font.
Boxes read Georgia, 22, 0, off, custom settings checked,1.3,lock margins unchecked, 3, update config unchecked.

I unchecked custom settings and it went to greyed out 1. Clicked get configuration and margins both changed to 4 and font size changed to 32. Same with
The get configuration button showed it as 7 in the box shows it as 1.07

Clicked Get settings, no change.

I wanted to look at the book on the device, so I hit cancel and ejected the device.

Everything looked the same on the home screen.
Went to collections and it said there were no collections.
Went to book list and no books.
Plugged reader in thinking calibre would fix this.
Calibre got list of books, and showed collections and reading status in device view.
Sent metadata.
Ejected and unplugged.
No collections/books on device according to Aura Hd.
Went back to home screen.
Hit a collection icon. No collections page again.
Hit the top left book, No books.
Turned it off, blank sleep cover.
Plugged in reader and it said was connected and charging. Computer didn't see it. Tried 3 more times. Rebooted computer. Still wouldn't recognize reader.

Rebooted Aura HD. Reboot took seconds, which seemed strange as it usually takes a while, and all the books/collections were back and it would connect to the computer. But same thing happened again after set font daialogue

speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #482
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Helen: I don't know what's happening with using the set reader font options and the seeming loss of the database on the device. Because of this and other font discussions, I spent a bit of time using it yesterday without any problems. If you are willing to risk it again, could you run calibre in debug mode and post or send me the log? Maybe I'll be able to see what is happening.

For the controls on the dialog, the only thing I can say is . I had hard-coded the number of values in the line spacing spin button and that didn't match how many the firmware now has. That meant if the line spacing was set to 2 (the ninth stop on the slider) or higher and you retrieved the configuration, what was displayed was inconsistent. I'll have a fix out for that later today.

As to the negative margins, I don't know what is happening. If I set negatives in the database or config file, they seem to be treated as zero margins. Unless it is an interaction with a setting in the book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #483
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.6.4

Three small changes in this version:
  • Fix: Hard coded number of values in line spacing spin button.
  • Update: Line spacing changed with 3.2.0
  • Update: If storing reading status with "Not finished in library" selected, only fetch status for books that haven't been finished.

As usual, calibre will tell you there is an update sometime soon. And if there are any problems, please report them.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #484
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Helen: I don't know what's happening with using the set reader font options and the seeming loss of the database on the device. Because of this and other font discussions, I spent a bit of time using it yesterday without any problems. If you are willing to risk it again, could you run calibre in debug mode and post or send me the log? Maybe I'll be able to see what is happening.

For the controls on the dialog, the only thing I can say is . I had hard-coded the number of values in the line spacing spin button and that didn't match how many the firmware now has. That meant if the line spacing was set to 2 (the ninth stop on the slider) or higher and you retrieved the configuration, what was displayed was inconsistent. I'll have a fix out for that later today.

As to the negative margins, I don't know what is happening. If I set negatives in the database or config file, they seem to be treated as zero margins. Unless it is an interaction with a setting in the book.
I will do it probably one of these days when/if the problem reoccurs. My covers/books are back to normal now. And I never really thought it was the Kobo utilities at fault. My Aura HD has a mind of it's own and has done weirder.

I will look at the font thing again one of these days when I am brave enough to let the Aura HD out of its prison under the bed

Thanks for the update.

Helen
Old 04-20-2014, 10:15 PM   #485
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I will look at the font thing again one of these days when I am brave enough to let the Aura HD out of its prison under the bed
Your Aura HD is the monster under the bed? Is it that you end up screaming every time it escapes? Or maybe it is the prison that holds the monsters? I suppose that depends on what you read .
Advert
Old 04-21-2014, 05:20 AM   #486
jmn
jmn doesn't litterjmn doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello David,

I am new here and was advised by Kovid Goyal to report an error on this forum.
(I was looking for an error report entry in this thread, but could not find it).

The Kobo Utilities plugin works fine for my Kobo Aura.
I do have version 1.6.4 and it loads the books I have from Calibre to my Kobo Aura. Fine.

However... when I load the book below, the Kobo Utilities plugin post the following message:

calibre, version 1.33.0
FOUT: Fout: Fout bij communicatie met apparaat

Failed to parse 'De kolonel krijgt nooit post' by 'Gabriel Garcia Marquez' with error: '' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 319)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 571, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 276, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1898, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 220, in _modify_epub
InvalidEPub: Failed to parse 'De kolonel krijgt nooit post' by 'Gabriel Garcia Marquez' with error: '' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 319)

...it seems to be a parsing error?
Can you plaese help?

Last edited by jmn; 04-21-2014 at 05:35 AM.
jmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #487
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

jmn: I'd love to help, but that doesn't look to be my code. That looks like an error when sending a book to the device using the Kobo Touch Extended Driver. It usually means the book has an error in it or something unusual in the code. The driver is discussed in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211135. The first post has info on reporting bugs.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #488
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Tolino Vision 5
I just ran into an error trying to update metadata on the device (Glo,FW 3.2.0).

Calibre 1.33 - KoboUtils 1.6.4

Quote:
calibre, version 1.33.0
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'newmi' referenced before assignment

calibre 1.33 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 698, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2981, in _update_metadata
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'newmi' referenced before assignment
Lofwyr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #489
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Your Aura HD is the monster under the bed? Is it that you end up screaming every time it escapes? Or maybe it is the prison that holds the monsters? I suppose that depends on what you read .
Not a monster, just a recalcitrant object under the bed. More of a PITA I guess

Helen
Old 04-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #490
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofwyr23 View Post
I just ran into an error trying to update metadata on the device (Glo,FW 3.2.0).

Calibre 1.33 - KoboUtils 1.6.4

Quote:
calibre, version 1.33.0
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'newmi' referenced before assignment

calibre 1.33 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 698, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2981, in _update_metadata
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'newmi' referenced before assignment
I changed a variable name a little while ago and I missed a place it was used. The worst part of this is that it is in a debug statement that won't bee seen.

This should only happen when you try updating the metadata for a book that you have sent to the device but has not been processed into the internal database. You can't change the metadata until you disconnect and the book is processed. But, it shouldn't error like this.

I have fixed it and will put 1.6.5 up in a few minutes. This will be the only change.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 AM   #491
jmn
jmn doesn't litterjmn doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
jmn: I'd love to help, but that doesn't look to be my code. That looks like an error when sending a book to the device using the Kobo Touch Extended Driver. It usually means the book has an error in it or something unusual in the code. The driver is discussed in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211135. The first post has info on reporting bugs.
Many thanks David, I'll bring it up over there.
jmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #492
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
My "Percent Read Column" has stopped being updated in calibre.
The only changes I'm aware of is a update to "Kobo Utilities" and a update to Calibre.
Is there a known issue with either of these?
Kobo Aura
firmware 3.2
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:01 AM   #493
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
My "Percent Read Column" has stopped being updated in calibre.
The only changes I'm aware of is a update to "Kobo Utilities" and a update to Calibre.
Is there a known issue with either of these?
Kobo Aura
firmware 3.2
No changes that have affect this and it is working fine here.

Can you check that the plugin configuration still has the correct column? If it correct, can you run calibre in debug mode, do a store and post the log? I should be able to see what is happening from that.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #494
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Found the problem, "store current bookmarks on connect" was not enabled.

Sorry, I double checked and still missed this.
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #495
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
a database check returns an error

I run Kobo Utilities Database integrity check out of curiosity and this message showed up:
"Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:
rowid 412 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1"
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities