Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IguanaBooks View Post
Yes we do, but only if it has been professionally edited first. And we reserve the right to say what has or has not been professionally edited to our standards. If it works for us, we send you a contract.
It has not been. My wife does a great job with editing, far better then many "professional" edited books that I have read from big named houses, but she not a professional, just a darn good amateur.

I am in the middle of a series Book One and Two have been released, and I am nearly completion of the first draft of book three.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #17
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Yes we do, but only if it has been professionally edited first. And we reserve the right to say what has or has not been professionally edited to our standards. If it works for us, we send you a contract.
I think I'll pass too, at least for now. This smells a little like a professional editing "service" company more than a publisher and I want to see how other peoples' experiences are.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #18
IguanaBooks
IguanaBooks began at the beginning.

Device: none
We aren't a service, we are a publisher, but I can understand the hesitation. We don't have the same model as everyone else and that will take some getting used to for most authors. We did launch our site yesterday, iguanabooks.com, if you guys want to check it out. And I'm always here if questions need to be asked.

Also, I don't know if this helps anyone at all, but we have been talked about in major publishing magazines. Here is Quill and Quire's take on us: http://www.quillandquire.com/google/...ticle_id=12051

Last edited by IguanaBooks; 11-15-2011 at 09:55 AM.
IguanaBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #19
IguanaBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
It has not been. My wife does a great job with editing, far better then many "professional" edited books that I have read from big named houses, but she not a professional, just a darn good amateur.

I am in the middle of a series Book One and Two have been released, and I am nearly completion of the first draft of book three.
Well, if you want, send in your manuscript and we can see how well it holds up. I don't doubt that your wife is a good editor, we just don't want the self published books that are riddled with errors.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #20
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Well, if you want, send in your manuscript and we can see how well it holds up. I don't doubt that your wife is a good editor, we just don't want the self published books that are riddled with errors.
I will check out your site soon (might be after Turkey Week) and see what you offer. I might be interested. I love writing, dislike the rest of the job.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #21
IguanaBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I will check out your site soon (might be after Turkey Week) and see what you offer. I might be interested. I love writing, dislike the rest of the job.
I hope you find what you are looking for. Our aim is to make the author happy which involves making the rest of the job easier for them.

Tags
new authors, publisher, submissions