Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #16
SarahDyce
SarahDyce began at the beginning.

Device: eco reader
I have the same problem, except that my EcoReader is fresh out of the box. It's gone as far as the keyboard test once, which went fine, but other than that it just stalls on the 'opening your library' screen and sits there for hours, no matter what button I press.

The power button doesn't seem to work, no matter how long it's held down, and after 24 hours of trying to get the thing to work, I'm kind of stumped. I don't have an SD card yet, this thing is brand new. I can't even get it to work long enough to find out what version of the firmware it has!
SarahDyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #17
teemac
teemac doesn't litterteemac doesn't litter

Device: ECO Reader V3ext, ECO Reader V3+
@SarahDyce

I know this is a very basic question - but have you charged the reader yet for at least 12 hours ?

You said 'fresh out of the box' - most devices won't have a full charge straight out of the box and I found freezing when I got my first ECOReader by not charging first (too excited and wanted to use it straight away).

After a good overnight charge, press the reset hole in the back (use a straightened out paper clip or a CD eject tool) for about 3 seconds and see if it reboots properly.
teemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
SarahDyce

@teemac

I wasn't sure, so I tried charging it again. After nearly 24 hours of charging, it's still doing exactly the same thing. I've tried resetting it using the pinhole, I've tried pressing the power button (which does nothing)... it's still stuck on that one screen. I even tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. Nothing.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #19
teemac
teemac doesn't litterteemac doesn't litter

Device: ECO Reader V3ext, ECO Reader V3+
You'll probably need to contact the support section of the ECOReader distributer. You may have a dud.

I found them very helpful when I first had problems, which mostly turned out to be my misunderstanding of how to operate the device and it's requirements.

When you reset the device or turnoff the device and restart, it should show a new title page and then go to the library items. If it's not even doing that, then I'd say contact their support section.

Hope you get it solved the ECOReader is a great little device.
teemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #20
SarahDyce

@teemac

I tried everything I could think of, but it seems to just be a dud. (My husband's Eco Reader, purchased at the same time, is working fine) I took it back to Dymocks, who took it back with no problem and will give me a replacement as soon as their shipment comes in next week. I can't wait to get it... I used to have a BeBook, which kind of drowned, and I'm dying to have an E-reader again. I have a seven month old baby, and being able to read without needing to hold the book open or turn pages is *so* much easier. Plus, she can chomp on the cover without damaging it.

Thanks so much for your help - hopefully it will all be sorted out when I get the new one next week.
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #21
queens_own
queens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to behold

Device: Pixelar mreader
I have a Pixelar ereader S6-5w, got it at xmas, loaded via Calibre and worked ok for a while, but then started playing up and after several resets it finaly froze, sent it back and got a replacement along with a warning that they would not replace it if the thing froze up again, they said it was corrupted though I do not know how, new one working ok even though it takes 30-40 seconds to reach menu?
Ken
queens_own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Hi. As I pointed out in the other thread, this is not a Hanlin reader.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hanlin frozen