Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
pathfinderca
Connoisseur
pathfinderca began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V.2
Just found this one

Is that a tablet or is that a mp3 player?

http://www.circuitcity.com/applicati...&Sku=A685-0008
pathfinderca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Cortex-A8 is pretty powerful, it's what runs in Palm Pre and iPhone 3GS. So I don't think you can dismiss it as "just an MP3 player".
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinderca View Post
Is that a tablet or is that a mp3 player?

http://www.circuitcity.com/applicati...&Sku=A685-0008
It's a media player.Since it's from Archos I wouldn't expect to be able to install FBReader. Archos devices are usually locked down pretty tight.

Last edited by Nate the great; 08-11-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It's a media player.Since it's from Archos I wouldn't expect to be able to install FBReader. Archos devices are usually locked down pretty tight.
Can you put html documents on it and read them? And if you can, can you put them in folders and can you also search for them if you want to read just a couple of pages?
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
It says it's an internet media tablet and runs Linux. I would assume then that yes, it would both have a folder system and read HTML. I was looking at this before I saw the ads for the Archos 9.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert