Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
EldritchMath
EldritchMath began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4
eBook modification consistently results in file corruption.

I'm trying to use Calibre to modify a set of books (the Dresden Files in .epub format) to be grammatically and just generally correct, as I'm a bit OCD about that sort of thing. However, when modifying "Fool Moon" in particular, it will work as normal up until index_split_007 or so, at which point, when I try to open the next index split, it gives the following error:

"calibre, version 3.13.0 ERROR: Failed to open book: Failed to open book, click "Show details" for more information.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweakbook\job.py", line 35, in run File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\boss.py", line 59, in get_container File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1497, in get_container File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1155, in __init_ InvalidEpub: No META-INF/container.xml in epub"

What could consistently cause this single error? It only has happened on this one book so far, and I'm in the process of editing the fourth book, so I thought it might have something to do with the file itself. However, it sometimes changes when it takes effect: the first time, it happened after index_split_009, but the most recent time, it happened after index_split_007. What could cause this? Is there any way to universally prevent it? Even better, is there a way to fix the file now, so I don't lose all of my progress in editing? Up until now, I've just had to delete the book and try to work on it again. Any help would be appreciated!
EldritchMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Typically, the cause of that error is some program deleting files from the calibre temporary directory. Either track down the program and stop it doing that or set the CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR environment variable to get calibre to use a different temporary directory, which is hopefully not being cleaned, see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, corruption, epub