Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #46
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Granted, you will live in drought for the rest of your life.

I wish I knew what to wish for.
You get your wish but then find out that you were only granted one wish.

I wish that Canon will release the EOS 5DMkII (or whatever they decide to call it) in a couple of days at about AUS$3000 rather than the AUS$4500 I expect.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #47
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
I wish I could travel back in time to 1980 and retain all the knowledge I've gained since then!
eBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #48
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I wish that Canon will release the EOS 5DMkII (or whatever they decide to call it) in a couple of days at about AUS$3000 rather than the AUS$4500 I expect.
Granted. The very last one is sold just before you get to the store, and when they inevitably turn up on eBay, they go for no less than $5000.

I wish my genie wouldn't corrupt my wish.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:44 PM   #49
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookNerd View Post
I wish I could travel back in time to 1980 and retain all the knowledge I've gained since then!
Granted. Now you're forced to live it all again from that point, you recall exactly what's going to happen at every moment, but you can't change a thing or do anything differently.

I wish I didn't have gallstones.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #50
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Granted. Now you're forced to live it all again from that point, you recall exactly what's going to happen at every moment, but you can't change a thing or do anything differently.

I wish I didn't have gallstones.
Both are Granted - now you have uncorruptable kindey stones....that can't be wished away.

I wish I could make a profit today in the stock market.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #51
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Granted. your portfolio goes up exactly $0.01.

I wish that I worked in a place that allowed me to wear an Obama button instead o having a rule that bans all political expression.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #52
AshW
Connoisseur
AshW doesn't litterAshW doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I wish that I worked in a place that allowed me to wear an Obama button instead o having a rule that bans all political expression.
Granted. However you are now living in a Obama led dictatorship and the wearing of Obama buttons in the workplace is mandatory. Failure to exercise your right to political expression in this way will result in enforced "reducation" at you local Free Expression Zone.

I wish the police would find my stolen car.
AshW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #53
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Granted. But you have to wear an equal sized button for every other political candidate standing for any office anywhere in the world, so that you look like a multi-coloured Pearly King or Queen, and are unable to move due to the weight of your clothes.

I wish I could stop buying new e-ink devices.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #54
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshW View Post
Granted. However you are now living in a Obama led dictatorship and the wearing of Obama buttons in the workplace is mandatory. Failure to exercise your right to political expression in this way will result in enforced "reducation" at you local Free Expression Zone.

I wish the police would find my stolen car.
Granted. Now they need to find the engine, the tires, the radio...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Granted. But you have to wear an equal sized button for every other political candidate standing for any office anywhere in the world, so that you look like a multi-coloured Pearly King or Queen, and are unable to move due to the weight of your clothes.

Granted. Now you have to buy p-books.

I wish I lived in the tropics.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #55
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
I wish I lived in the tropics.
Granted. But they are the tropics on the planet Neptune....

I wish I had a house large enough for all the p-books I now have to get...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #56
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Granted. But they are the tropics on the planet Neptune....

I wish I had a house large enough for all the p-books I now have to get...
Granted! But there's only room for books, with no space to walk between shelves.

I wish I had a big slice of cheesecake and a glass of cold milk.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #57
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Granted! They are now giving them away for free, which gives you horrible buyers regret because of all the money you already invested in devices!

I wish I could get that mosquito bite on the back of my left leg to stop itching.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #58
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Granted! But there's only room for books, with no space to walk between shelves.

I wish I had a big slice of cheesecake and a glass of cold milk.
Granted! But now you live in a 90 year old home with 105 windows, in Wisconsin and all the windows need to be replaced! (Wait, that's my nightmare!)

I wish I'd responded to Lazy Scot's wish before Dixie did.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #59
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Granted. your portfolio goes up exactly $0.01.

Granted, but now you have to spend a lot more time shaving in the mornings, seeing as that stick-on button is the ONLY thing you are allowed to wear to work.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #60
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Granted! They are now giving them away for free, which gives you horrible buyers regret because of all the money you already invested in devices!

I wish I could get that mosquito bite on the back of my left leg to stop itching.
Granted, the bite on the back of your left leg stops itching... and 100 more appear all over your body, in the most inconvenient of places mind you, itch 100 times worse, and take 10 times longer to heal!

Ouch, now that's a little harsh! (Sorry!)

I wish the evil genie would wish for something and have it corrupt his wish-granting skill such that he/she could not be compelled to corrupt any more of MY wishes; your wishes, on the other hand... .
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness