Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 12:41 AM   #76
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
i choose english as language of the device, Likebook Note, so i expect that all stuff in it will be transleted in english, big mistake!! it stay in chinese, MaxCarta do the same.
In reading epub book, when choose a word and look up, in wiki, the device translate in chinese and lookup in baidu!, that is veriy irritating!
I'm surprised by this, I have a Likebook Plus and I have never run across any Chinese anywhere on my device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:31 AM   #77
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm surprised by this, I have a Likebook Plus and I have never run across any Chinese anywhere on my device.
But it is with Likebook Note, i think i would easy to fix it, just code link to right browser in language of the device.

How did you do for that, it may be help, thank.

Last edited by lems1995; 08-15-2018 at 03:47 AM.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:41 AM   #78
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But it is with Likebook Note, i think i would easy to fix it, just code link to right browser in language of the device.
I know it is different, but since it was the same company I found it strange that you had issues.

Quote:
How did you do for that, it may be help, thank.
The only thing I did was a factory reset and chose English. All searches of words in wiki or other sites go directly to their English version.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:51 AM   #79
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

[[/PHP]
Quote:
I know it is different, but since it was the same company I found it strange that you had issues.

The only thing I did was a factory reset and chose English. All searches of words in wiki or other sites go directly to their English version.
Thank you, i did that, but i had browser with chinese language.

Last edited by lems1995; 08-15-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #80
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:

I did an attachment file,
Click image for larger version

Name:	likebook.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	527.9 KB
ID:	165607

Last edited by lems1995; 08-15-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #81
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Thank you, i did that, but i had browser with chinese language.
I never doubted you, just found it strange that the same company screwed up a later model. Hopefully they'll correct it in a future update.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:36 AM   #82
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
I never doubted you, just found it strange that the same company screwed up a later model. Hopefully they'll correct it in a future update.
They do screwed Up a later model: It has poorer hardware than T80s
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #83
lems1995
Zealot

[QUOTE=viceant;3737065]They do screwed Up a later model: It has poorer hardware than T80s[/QU]
Likebook Note is faster than MaxCarta, both have the same hardware, only Android is different 4.0 for MaxCarta, 4.4 for Likebook Note.
In A2 mode, Likebook Note is impressive , very fast, open books folder or books itself, also very fast, so the problem is not the hardware but best software!, i agree with JSWOLF and Orebmur.

Last edited by lems1995; 08-15-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #84
tangocat
tangocat began at the beginning.

Device: likebook T80S T103, Kindle paperwhite, Kindle DXG
[QUOTE=lems1995;3737158]
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
They do screwed Up a later model: It has poorer hardware than T80s[/QU]
Likebook Note is faster than MaxCarta, both have the same hardware, only Android is different 4.0 for MaxCarta, 4.4 for Likebook Note.
In A2 mode, Likebook Note is impressive , very fast, open books folder or books itself, also very fast, so the problem is not the hardware but best software!, i agree with JSWOLF and Orebmur.
Totally agree. I’m ok with the mid-range hardware. But having all these little bugs here and there, like dictionaries and Bluetooth, is really annoying. I asked the vendor when there will be a new rom, the guy just replied they are looking into it. And then said there will be an Octa-core new model coming, which I don’t care.
tangocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:38 AM   #85
Antonio7
Antonio7 began at the beginning.

Device: various
Hi,
Thank you for all of you who share their experience with this device, it is very helpfull for us. I have 2 questions though:

1- Is that possible to uninstall easely ALL the Google bloatwares (such as Google Play Store, Google services, Gmaps, Gmail, etc...) ?
(I will be using alternative stores such as: F-droid, Yalp store, Goodereader, etc...)

2- Concerning the issues for non chinese users:
What will be the procedure for updating the software?
Can we trust Boyue for fixing these issues in the future (especially if they plan to release a new device soon) ?
I can't even find a website or a customer service email for Boyue.

Thank you

PS:
What I like about this device compared to other competitors devices is:
1- physical page turn buttons (although they would be better on the side rather than on the bottom)
2- micro sd card slot
3- 3.5MM Jack
4- front light

Last edited by Antonio7; 08-16-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Antonio7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #86
tangocat
tangocat began at the beginning.

Device: likebook T80S T103, Kindle paperwhite, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio7 View Post
Hi,
Thank you for all of you who share their experience with this device, it is very helpfull for us. I have 2 questions though:

1- Is that possible to uninstall easely ALL the Google bloatwares (such as Google?
(I will be using alternative stores such as: F-droid, Yalp store, Go
I would advise not to tinker with the OS before we have a reliable recovery image. T80s is pretty fool-proof, T103 doesn’t have any flash tool now. I almost bricked mine when foooling around with developer options!

Judging from T80s history, Boyue does push out updates occasionally, and there is a Chinese website dedicated for Boyue devices, which I can read and report here. I hope they do the same thing for T103. Oddly, they have not started selling T103 domestically....
tangocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #87
redson
redson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheese

Device: Booken, Kobo Glo HD, Oasis2 e T80S
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
For a complete analysis we would also require to compare software capabilities with those of, e.g., the Onyx Boox Note. I am not willing nor do i want to purchase yet another reading device as this one must and already does suffice for my practical needs.

Maybe if there is an owner of the Onyx Boox Note who is also located in the Barcelona area in Spain, we could meet and compare?

The PDF reader software of the Onyx Boox Note reportedly allows opening up to four documents in a tabbed PDF reader. And if the dictionary supposedly works as "good" or hopefully better than i know from my i62HD and i86, then the point also goes to the Onyx Boox Note. These two aspects are clearly an advantage over the Likebook Note in regard to the predominant core functionality one would expect from a reading device.

Another advantage of the Onyx Boox Note is the existence of a very reliable European vendor, with all the benefits of European customer laws. I had very good multiple experience as customer of the Germany based https://ereader.store in the past. In fact, if the Boox Note would have had an SD card i certainly would have bought there, in spite of the higher price. Luckily the vendor/manufacturer of the Likebook seems to be very reliable too, but if i'd ever stumble over any issue justifying taking advantage of their warranty, it would still be a costly and time consuming experience sending the device back and forth to Taiwan.

As a side note, the Likebook vendor/manufacturer wrote in the communications i still maintain via aliexpress that "our next generation is octa core, with very fast speed. android 6.0,will available on NOV this year". Personally i'm not really much impressed by this promise and, based on the experience of the time spent waiting for the Likebook Note to actually come into existence, i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this updated device. But maybe this is some good news for people in this thread who still think their reading practice requires a fast CPU in combination with a frontlight and SD card...
Anyone have more info on this possible update for android 6 in November? I'm thinking of buying, but I can wait until November.
redson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #88
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by redson View Post
Anyone have more info on this possible update for android 6 in November? I'm thinking of buying, but I can wait until November.
I don't care Android XX and multi-core cpu , if it is a lot buggy device!

Last edited by lems1995; 08-22-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:06 AM   #89
Antonio7
Antonio7 began at the beginning.

Device: various
Quote:
I don't care Android XX and multi-core cpu , if it is a lot buggy device!
Buggy... and full of spywares/bloatwares (Google apps) that you can't uninstall :

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8500681.html
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/android...ews-27856.html

As long as Boyue doesn't let us free to use the operating system as we wish (install or uninstall any app we want easely), I won't buy it. Boyue should use AOSP (Android Open Source Platform), LineageOS or other open source Linux distribution. They would receive a lot of support from the Open source community, and would sell a lot more devices. it's a win-win situation.

Last edited by Antonio7; 08-24-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Antonio7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:23 AM   #90
Rajaich
Rajaich began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
For a complete analysis we would also require to compare software capabilities with those of, e.g., the Onyx Boox Note. I am not willing nor do i want to purchase yet another reading device as this one must and already does suffice for my practical needs.

Maybe if there is an owner of the Onyx Boox Note who is also located in the Barcelona area in Spain, we could meet and compare?

The PDF reader software of the Onyx Boox Note reportedly allows opening up to four documents in a tabbed PDF reader. And if the dictionary supposedly works as "good" or hopefully better than i know from my i62HD and i86, then the point also goes to the Onyx Boox Note. These two aspects are clearly an advantage over the Likebook Note in regard to the predominant core functionality one would expect from a reading device.

Another advantage of the Onyx Boox Note is the existence of a very reliable European vendor, with all the benefits of European customer laws. I had very good multiple experience as customer of the Germany based https://ereader.store in the past. In fact, if the Boox Note would have had an SD card i certainly would have bought there, in spite of the higher price. Luckily the vendor/manufacturer of the Likebook seems to be very reliable too, but if i'd ever stumble over any issue justifying taking advantage of their warranty, it would still be a costly and time consuming experience sending the device back and forth to Taiwan.

As a side note, the Likebook vendor/manufacturer wrote in the communications i still maintain via aliexpress that "our next generation is octa core, with very fast speed. android 6.0,will available on NOV this year". Personally i'm not really much impressed by this promise and, based on the experience of the time spent waiting for the Likebook Note to actually come into existence, i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this updated device. But maybe this is some good news for people in this thread who still think their reading practice requires a fast CPU in combination with a frontlight and SD card...

Hi, just talked to boyue through their Facebook messenger... They said an actacore and Android 6, but it might be in 7.8 format. Also anyone used the kindle app on the device.? Does it work ok? I apologize for this has been answered before. Thanks
Rajaich is offline   Reply With Quote