Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-21-2019, 07:10 AM   #1
alrightson
alrightson began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Fire Gen 5
sideloaded books not showing in books

Hi all, I have sideloaded a book (kfx) into the books folder on my kindle fire. Problem I have its showing in docs but not in books on the device. How can I get the book to show in books and not docs please?
alrightson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Make sure that the option "Create personal document instead of book" is not selected on the KFX Output tab during conversion. Connect via USB and copy the resulting KFX file to the Fire tablet's "/Internal storage/Books" folder.

The new book should show up inside the Books app. Try setting the Sort to "Most recent" if you cannot locate it.

It will also be possible to navigate to it and open it via the Docs app under "Local storage".
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
alrightson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Make sure that the option "Create personal document instead of book" is not selected on the KFX Output tab during conversion. Connect via USB and copy the resulting KFX file to the Fire tablet's "/Internal storage/Books" folder.

The new book should show up inside the Books app. Try setting the Sort to "Most recent" if you cannot locate it.

It will also be possible to navigate to it and open it via the Docs app under "Local storage".
Nice one thank you mate, I will have a look now
Old 05-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
alrightson

Hi jhowell, tried that and it still only shows in the docs app. Might factory rest my kindle and try again see if that works.. Thank you mate
Old 05-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask questions about the Fire in the Fire forum, to where I’m moving this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert