Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2015, 01:30 AM   #1
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Lightbulb Pocketbook Screen Cropping

Hello all (this is my first post)

I have a pocketbook Mini with a lightly broken screen... the device works perfect (except for that bottom corner where the screen is broken.

Is there a way I can alter my pocketbook settings to change the display/resolution size of my books without having it skip pass pages?

Sort like a cropping tool, to ensure my books do not fall onto the broken part of my screen (which I cant read)

P.s. I now have a Pocketbook TouchLux 2 (which I can return in 60 days if I fix my Mini i guess)

Last edited by anonymust; 08-08-2015 at 01:37 AM.
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:14 AM   #2
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
You can try increasing the page margins. That might help.

CoolReader lets you set page margins to a max of 30px for now but if you need even more than that I can add bigger values in the settings menu.

CoolReader: Settings > Page Settings > Page Margins

Last edited by brucelee; 08-08-2015 at 03:20 AM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2015, 04:56 AM   #3
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
You can try increasing the page margins. That might help.
I think I did do that once. but for certain PDF files (I guess they are "static") its not useful, this only works well with ePub and doc/docx files.

Does CoolReader 'reformat' the entire layout of my books and PDF files (as in add white space to increase margins)

EDIT: CoolReader is for Andriod devices? I have a Pocketbook TouchLux 2 (Model 626) and a Macbook :|
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:26 AM   #4
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
It's for android too. Here's the Pocketbook version: CoolReader3 Fork
There's an older version too which works better with older devices (specially the non-touch devices) but it's mostly unmaintained.

Unfortunately it's not for pdf/doc. It deals with
Quote:
asp, cgi, chm, epub, fb2, htm, html, jsp, mht, mobi, php, pl, rtf, txt
And yes. Coolreader can ignore the ebook style and use its own.

I recommend keeping that 626 though. I, for one, couldn't go back to an eReader without front light.

Last edited by brucelee; 08-08-2015 at 05:35 AM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crop, mini, pocketbook, screen, screen dimensions