Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-01-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
Iris-maybe
Iris-maybe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite2
Nook for PC does not work any more

Today,when i tried to download Nook books via my Nook for pc( old version, not windows nook app), I get the error message as below
"We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time--please try again later.(Download: 2157)".
So the Nook for PC will not work anymore????
Iris-maybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:12 PM   #2
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Try Nookstudy
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2019, 12:31 AM   #3
billsfan2
Enthusiast
billsfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Kindle PW 2015, Glowlight 3
Use Nook Study, since Nook for PC stopped working for some several years ago.

Last edited by billsfan2; 01-02-2019 at 12:37 AM.
billsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:06 AM   #4
Iris-maybe

But the Nook study will not let me log in and pop up "Server error"

Last edited by Iris-maybe; 01-02-2019 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:13 AM   #5
Iris-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris-maybe View Post
But the Nook study will not let me log in and pop up "Server error"
I just downloaded Nook books a few days ago via Nook for PC( OLD VERSION). This error is very new~! So I am not sure if I should purchase from Nook again because there is no way for me to remove the DRM with calibre if I can not download them again!
Advert
Old 01-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #6
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Not sure why you are having a problem. I just downloaded a book using Nook for PC on Windows 10 and imported it into Calibre. It is very slow but still works.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:46 PM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It doesn't make sense with the error, but you might want to confirm your credit card is still active on the B&N site. At one time, it wouldn't allow downloads if it had expired.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:00 AM   #8
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
You might also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it. For some reason, it won't download any new ebooks for me unless I do that.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Today,when i tried to download Nook books via my Nook for pc( old version, not windows nook app)...
If you're using Windows 8/10, why not try the Windows Nook App? That's all I use on my PCs and have not had problems downloading with them or importing from there to Calibre (though, to be fair, I haven't bought from B&N in a long while).

If nothing else, if the Nook app works and Nook for PC doesn't, you have your answer.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:08 AM   #10
Iris-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
If you're using Windows 8/10, why not try the Windows Nook App? That's all I use on my PCs and have not had problems downloading with them or importing from there to Calibre (though, to be fair, I haven't bought from B&N in a long while).

If nothing else, if the Nook app works and Nook for PC doesn't, you have your answer.
Thank you for your suggestion! Just install Windows Nook app and download my books already. The problem has been fixed. Get my Nook book backed up on my computer coz I never know what will happen again( OF course, Strip the Nook DRM)
Old 01-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion! Just install Windows Nook app and download my books already. The problem has been fixed. Get my Nook book backed up on my computer coz I never know what will happen again( OF course, Strip the Nook DRM)
Did you have any issue finding where the Nook app stores the books? It can be tricky to find them.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #12
Toastytoes
Toastytoes began at the beginning.

Device: Nook and Kindle Paperwhite
I can't install Nook for PC or Windows Nook! Both say that they are unavailable. B and N seem to be holding my ebooks hostage! I downloaded an old version of nook for PC which shows my books, but when I press download, it either says "remove local copy" or "We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time - please try again later. (Download: 2157)"

Last edited by Toastytoes; 01-05-2019 at 01:03 PM. Reason: unfinished
Toastytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:42 PM   #13
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I have Nook for PC set up on my Windows 10 PC. It downloaded fine even last month. When I saw this thread, I tried to download a Nook book and - yup, I'm seeing the same 2157 message! So this is very new. I know my credit card is good - checked that.

I had Nook Study before. I found it a bit of a pain at times, but I may try it again. Or, I may try uninstalling Nook for PC and re-installing, and see if that fixes the problem.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:53 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Still working okay here so far with Nook for PC 2.5.6.9575

I'm sure the day will come when it eventually dies and I'll have to switch to the Windows 10 app.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:56 PM   #15
Iris-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Did you have any issue finding where the Nook app stores the books? It can be tricky to find them.
I have found Nook books here( Nook windows app): C:\Users\"username"\App Data\Local\Packages\BarnesNoble.Nook_ahnzqzva31enc \LocalState