Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #61
Amoz
Amoz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O2 (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
@Amoz

Could you look at this post?
The script that starts Koreader is adds/kbmenu/onstart/start_koreader.sh.
Sure, what do you want me to look at? Applying it to my system?
Amoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:34 AM   #62
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoz View Post
Sure, what do you want me to look at? Applying it to my system?
Yes, please apply it to the system. The reason is that, it is helpful if we are all testing with the same code.
In adds/kbmenu/onstart/start_koreader.sh there you can find
Code:
  if [ "$PRODUCT" == "snow" ]; then
    koreaderrotate=2
Changing 2 to 0 should make Koreader display up-side-down. And if the touch coordinates were mirrored horizontally, display and touch orientation should now match each other.
Edit: I took vertically to mean "turned by 180°". If it is to be understood literally, changing 2 to 0 is no real improvement.

Last edited by tshering; 01-28-2018 at 09:01 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2018, 03:26 PM   #63
Amoz
Amoz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O2 (2017)
Quote:
Yes, please apply it to the system. The reason is that, it is helpful if we are all testing with the same code.
In adds/kbmenu/onstart/start_koreader.sh there you can find
Code:
  if [ "$PRODUCT" == "snow" ]; then
    koreaderrotate=2
Changing 2 to 0 should make Koreader display up-side-down. And if the touch coordinates were mirrored horizontally, display and touch orientation should now match each other.
Edit: I took vertically to mean "turned by 180°". If it is to be understood literally, changing 2 to 0 is no real improvement.
It seems like If I touch on the right side, it is registered on the corresponding side but on the left. The Y coordinate is the same. Seems there is already a separate protocol parsed for the H202, called "alyssum" [1]. I'm very curious if there's work going on to fix the multitouch issue. Would be nice to get the input registered when using only one finger instead of having to put another finger down first.

[1] https://github.com/koreader/koreader...evice.lua#L103
Amoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #64
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Works on my Kobo Glo, but on this device with limitations: I can not open the menu that offers exiting the application, among others.
This is no longer true as of Plato 0.3.4.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:27 AM   #65
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
This is no longer true as of Plato 0.3.4.
Thank you. I have removed this passage from the first post.
Advert
Old 02-01-2018, 08:51 AM   #66
fradav
fradav began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o
KSM 09 on H2O (original) latest firmware there. I got the rotation bug only when I exit nickel to KSM. But when I use the (nickel/koreader) switch scripts for example it works just fine, without the rotation bug.

Regards,
fradav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #67
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradav View Post
KSM 09 on H2O (original) latest firmware there. I got the rotation bug only when I exit nickel to KSM. But when I use the (nickel/koreader) switch scripts for example it works just fine, without the rotation bug.

Regards,
Thank you for reporting. This will be fixed with the first update.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:02 PM   #68
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taos View Post
usb connection in nickel that somehow disables fmon
This should be fixed as of fmon 0.3.0.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #69
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
This should be fixed as of fmon 0.3.0.
Thank you for the quick trial. However, it does not seem to work. As soon as /mnt/onboard is unmounted, fmon exits.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #70
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
However, it does not seem to work. As soon as /mnt/onboard is unmounted, fmon exits.
I works for me, so I have attached a debug build.

Could you provide the output of fmon if it still fails?
Attached Files
File Type: zip fmon-0.3.0-debug.zip (3.2 KB, 356 views)
Old 02-01-2018, 03:29 PM   #71
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I works for me, so I have attached a debug build.

Could you provide the output of fmon if it still fails?
Thank you! Here is the output.

Code:
killall: adobehost: no process killed
killall: fickel: no process killed
event mask: 32768
Old 02-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #72
tshering
Wizard

Baskerville,

in case this might help, I add a telnet log. It contains
  • calling fmon
  • ps
  • unmounting the user partition
  • ps
Spoiler:
Code:
(none) login: root
[root@(none) ~]# /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/exit_nickel.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/exit_nickel.sh &
[root@(none) ~]# ps
PID   USER     TIME   COMMAND
    1 root       0:00 init
    2 root       0:00 [kthreadd]
    3 root       0:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
    4 root       0:00 [events/0]
    5 root       0:00 [khelper]
    8 root       0:00 [async/mgr]
    9 root       0:00 [pm]
   62 root       0:00 [usb_wakeup thre]
   63 root       0:00 [usb_wakeup thre]
  114 root       0:00 [sync_supers]
  116 root       0:00 [bdi-default]
  118 root       0:00 [kblockd/0]
  130 root       0:00 [mxc_spi.2]
  138 root       0:00 [khubd]
  153 root       0:00 [kmmcd]
  209 root       0:00 [swapper]
  213 root       0:00 [zq_calib]
  219 root       0:00 [kswapd0]
  266 root       0:00 [aio/0]
  276 root       0:00 [crypto/0]
  285 root       0:00 [submit/0]
  288 root       0:00 [tps65185_PWRGOO]
  290 root       0:00 [tps65185_INT/0]
  375 root       0:00 [kapmd]
  421 root       0:00 [kconservative/0]
  425 root       0:00 [mxc_chg]
  426 root       0:00 [pmic_battery.1]
  430 root       0:00 [esdhc_wq/0]
  432 root       0:00 [esdhc_wq/0]
  434 root       0:00 [esdhc_wq/0]
  454 root       0:00 [mmcqd]
  460 root       0:00 [jbd2/mmcblk0p1-]
  461 root       0:00 [ext4-dio-unwrit]
  467 root       0:00 [flush-179:0]
  488 root       0:00 /sbin/udevd -d
  496 root       0:00 [submit/0]
  515 messageb   0:00 /bin/dbus-daemon --system
  516 root       0:00 /bin/dbus-daemon --session --print-address --fork
  520 root       0:00 {ksmhome.sh} /bin/sh /adds/kbmenu/onstart/ksmhome.sh
  527 root       0:00 /sbin/getty -L ttymxc0 115200 vt100
  530 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/inetd -f /etc/inetd.conf.user
  544 root       0:00 busybox httpd -p 8087 -h /adds/kbmenu/rmc
  553 root       0:00 [killautormcatso]
  554 root       0:01 {preventfreeze.s} /bin/sh /adds/kbmenu/onstart/preventfre
  830 root       0:00 {kobomenu.sh} /bin/sh /adds/kbmenu/kobomenu.sh front_ligh
  832 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/kobomenu front_light_on:execute.png front_li
 1476 root       0:00 {busybox} telnetd -i
 1477 root       0:00 -sh
 1488 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs/exit_nick
 1491 root       0:00 sleep 1
 1492 root       0:00 ps
[root@(none) ~]# umount /mnt/onboard
[1]+  Done                       /adds/kbmenu/tools/fmon /mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs
/exit_nickel.png /adds/kbmenu/fmonsh/exit_nickel.sh
[root@(none) ~]# ps
PID   USER     TIME   COMMAND
    1 root       0:00 init
    2 root       0:00 [kthreadd]
    3 root       0:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
    4 root       0:00 [events/0]
    5 root       0:00 [khelper]
    8 root       0:00 [async/mgr]
    9 root       0:00 [pm]
   62 root       0:00 [usb_wakeup thre]
   63 root       0:00 [usb_wakeup thre]
  114 root       0:00 [sync_supers]
  116 root       0:00 [bdi-default]
  118 root       0:00 [kblockd/0]
  130 root       0:00 [mxc_spi.2]
  138 root       0:00 [khubd]
  153 root       0:00 [kmmcd]
  209 root       0:00 [swapper]
  213 root       0:00 [zq_calib]
  219 root       0:00 [kswapd0]
  266 root       0:00 [aio/0]
  276 root       0:00 [crypto/0]
  285 root       0:00 [submit/0]
  288 root       0:00 [tps65185_PWRGOO]
  290 root       0:00 [tps65185_INT/0]
  375 root       0:00 [kapmd]
  421 root       0:00 [kconservative/0]
  425 root       0:00 [mxc_chg]
  426 root       0:00 [pmic_battery.1]
  430 root       0:00 [esdhc_wq/0]
  432 root       0:00 [esdhc_wq/0]
  434 root       0:00 [esdhc_wq/0]
  454 root       0:00 [mmcqd]
  460 root       0:00 [jbd2/mmcblk0p1-]
  461 root       0:00 [ext4-dio-unwrit]
  467 root       0:00 [flush-179:0]
  488 root       0:00 /sbin/udevd -d
  496 root       0:00 [submit/0]
  515 messageb   0:00 /bin/dbus-daemon --system
  516 root       0:00 /bin/dbus-daemon --session --print-address --fork
  520 root       0:00 {ksmhome.sh} /bin/sh /adds/kbmenu/onstart/ksmhome.sh
  527 root       0:00 /sbin/getty -L ttymxc0 115200 vt100
  530 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/inetd -f /etc/inetd.conf.user
  544 root       0:00 busybox httpd -p 8087 -h /adds/kbmenu/rmc
  553 root       0:00 [killautormcatso]
  554 root       0:01 {preventfreeze.s} /bin/sh /adds/kbmenu/onstart/preventfre
  830 root       0:00 {kobomenu.sh} /bin/sh /adds/kbmenu/kobomenu.sh front_ligh
  832 root       0:00 /adds/kbmenu/kobomenu front_light_on:execute.png front_li
 1476 root       0:00 {busybox} telnetd -i
 1477 root       0:00 -sh
 1620 root       0:00 sleep 1
 1621 root       0:00 ps
[root@(none) ~]#
Old 02-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #73
baskerville
Evangelist

Should be fixed, please try the attached binary.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fmon-0.3.0-debug2.zip (3.1 KB, 382 views)
Old 02-01-2018, 04:43 PM   #74
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Should be fixed, please try the attached binary.
This on did it. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2018, 05:24 AM   #75
baskerville
Evangelist

I've released fmon 0.3.1.

There was another critical bug that could be triggered simply by opening a watched file without the required number of thumbnails: the fmon process would then go into an infinite loop. This bug was present since 0.2.0!