Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-24-2016, 05:43 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/amazon-quietly-scraps-price-match-refunds/ar

Amazon is being Sneaky! No more Price Matches
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Can you put the link in your post please?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2016, 05:51 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See http://techcrunch.com/2016/05/23/ama...ection-policy/
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:53 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are they going to quit pricing to match another site?
Or are they going to quit giving the consumer the money if the consumer finds a lower price somewhere?
The first affects sellers, the second affects customers.

Thanks Peter.
I didn't even know that was a policy.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 05-24-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I don't go back and look at prices after I buy something from any retailer. I find that generally if something is overpriced on Amazon, I can find it cheaper online somewhere else. I always comparison shop before hitting the buy button.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

I don't understand what you mean by sneaky?
They are not sneaking anything.
They are saying what most businesses have done for years and years and years. The price you pay is the price you pay. No refund if we put it on sale next week.
Now yes, Walmart will still do that but note you will have to stand in line for at least 20 minutes. To most people those few cents are not worth it.

And I am like pigeon in that I don't look at prices after I buy something unless it is an item I use frequently.
Then yes, I may pick up more on sale but I won't ask for a price-match on what I bought last week.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Now yes, Walmart will still do that but note you will have to stand in line for at least 20 minutes. To most people those few cents are not worth it.
This so true. At least 20 minutes is right! I'm not bothering.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:25 PM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

FWIW, Walmart has some service/app where you can scan your receipt, and they will give you credit if they find a lower price at a competitor. We usually get about $1 back on each receipt.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
FWIW, Walmart has some service/app where you can scan your receipt, and they will give you credit if they find a lower price at a competitor. We usually get about $1 back on each receipt.
You mean the savings catcher. It is only good on certain items and they do not compare to all stores. Just select ones in your area.
In the last two years, I have earned a grand total of $3.28.
Note: The e card money back is pretty much a bonus for letting them track your shopping.
Is it now available at all Walmarts?
I know when it first came out, it was only the bigger markets.
Nice on getting so much back.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:27 PM   #10
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Are they going to quit pricing to match another site?
Or are they going to quit giving the consumer the money if the consumer finds a lower price somewhere?
The first affects sellers, the second affects customers.

Thanks Peter.
I didn't even know that was a policy.
They're going to stop issuing partial refunds if they, themselves, drop the price within seven days of purchase. Previously if an item sold by Amazon.com dropped in price within seven days you could contact support and request a refund of the difference. This never applied to even third-party sellers being fulfilled by Amazon, only to things sold by Amazon.com themselves.

Quote:
You mean the savings catcher. It is only good on certain items and they do not compare to all stores. Just select ones in your area.
Note: The e card money back is pretty much a bonus for letting them track your shopping.
Is it now available at all Walmarts?
I know when it first came out, it was only the bigger markets.
Nice on getting so much back.
Pretty sure they have expanded it everywhere now. They did a big promo back in September of 2014. From September through February 28th, 2015 you could get double cash back if you cashed out to a Bluebird card. Bluebird cards are free and there was no fee to transfer your cash back to one, so this wasn't a bad deal. I managed to get about $60 back before the cutoff, which got doubled to $120. Since I buy mostly groceries at Wal-mart, using the money from the Bluebird card on more groceries worked out nicely for me.

It seems to work best for groceries. They track pretty much all grocery stores in the area, even smaller ones. As long as the store puts out an ad, they track it. They even match against a small independent grocery in my area that runs ads in the local paper. They also sometimes match things you wouldn't expect. Such as a deal at Kroger where Stouffers frozen dinners were cheaper with a digital coupon you had to load to your Kroger card. The coupon was limited, something like ten uses. Savings Catcher matched it as if the price after coupon was a sale price, unlimited times. I've gotten over $100 back this year, mostly from deals like that. I nearly always get money back on mom's Coke Zeros too. They're usually on sale each week somewhere.

One nice thing about the Savings Catcher is it refunds you the difference + tax. As for tracking, unless you're paying with cash they already track you. They track freaking everything. Might as well get some cash back out of the deal.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:38 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
They're going to stop issuing partial refunds if they, themselves, drop the price within seven days of purchase. Previously if an item sold by Amazon.com dropped in price within seven days you could contact support and request a refund of the difference. This never applied to even third-party sellers being fulfilled by Amazon, only to things sold by Amazon.com themselves.

Pretty sure they have expanded it everywhere now. They did a big promo back in September of 2014. From September through February 28th, 2015 you could get double cash back if you cashed out to a Bluebird card. Bluebird cards are free and there was no fee to transfer your cash back to one, so this wasn't a bad deal. I managed to get about $60 back before the cutoff, which got doubled to $120. Since I buy mostly groceries at Wal-mart, using the money from the Bluebird card on more groceries worked out nicely for me.

It seems to work best for groceries. They track pretty much all grocery stores in the area, even smaller ones. As long as the store puts out an ad, they track it. They even match against a small independent grocery in my area that runs ads in the local paper. They also sometimes match things you wouldn't expect. Such as a deal at Kroger where Stouffers frozen dinners were cheaper with a digital coupon you had to load to your Kroger card. The coupon was limited, something like ten uses. Savings Catcher matched it as if the price after coupon was a sale price, unlimited times. I've gotten over $100 back this year, mostly from deals like that. I nearly always get money back on mom's Coke Zeros too. They're usually on sale each week somewhere.

One nice thing about the Savings Catcher is it refunds you the difference + tax. As for tracking, unless you're paying with cash they already track you. They track freaking everything. Might as well get some cash back out of the deal.
We have 4 other grocery stores in town but Walmart only price matches the one that has their prices on line.
They do not match Albertson's, Lowes (grocery store not the home improvement store) or El Rancho (Mexican grocery store). They do match HEB and the dollar stores.
But I buy very few brand names so that may make a difference too.
I would love a Kroger's here. The two of their stores I have been in were fabulous. But 300 miles is a might far to go for groceries.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:09 AM   #12
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
It's not worth it to me, but it seems to be worth it to the people in front of me...
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:56 PM   #13
Dusky Rose
Connoisseur
Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Ipad mini retina, Kindle Voyage and Fire
Quote:
I guess the savings does depend on what local competition they have. Since December last year I've got about $75 on account with Walmart.

I need to remember to cash it in, before it disappears or something.

I don't actively check for lower prices once I buy an ebook, though. I figure the odds are that after I buy one, it'll be free anyway within a few months, becasue that just seems to be how it works for me.

I just have to like the price I get it at, while I'm getting it.
Dusky Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:49 PM   #14
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusky Rose View Post
I guess the savings does depend on what local competition they have. Since December last year I've got about $75 on account with Walmart.

I need to remember to cash it in, before it disappears or something.

I don't actively check for lower prices once I buy an ebook, though. I figure the odds are that after I buy one, it'll be free anyway within a few months, becasue that just seems to be how it works for me.

I just have to like the price I get it at, while I'm getting it.
It also depends on the brands you buy. I don't do many brand names so I don't get back much.