Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-14-2016, 01:43 PM   #46
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
As long as we're writing wishlists, I'd like a new Mini with a light.
It feels like the perfect time for this. I hope our wish comes true!

Just no cover with the flappy-tab-thingy, though.

Last edited by Cosimo; 04-14-2016 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added flappy-cover-thingy comment
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:20 PM   #47
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
I'd like a next-generation six-inch Aura please -- same size, same flush screen, but clearer with higher resolution.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #48
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
As long as we're writing wishlists, I'd like a new Mini with a light.
Yes! With better resolution, of course, and a form-fitting cover. Sold!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:43 PM   #49
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
It feels like the perfect time for this. I hope our wish comes true!

I have a Mini and I did something I almost never do, got the OEM cover. Which stinks. It turned a device smaller than my 350s (which is why I got it) to one larger and bulkier.

I shock myself by admitting that I'm jonesing for a new Kobo, one that would become either my purse Kobo or my nightstand Kobo, once the dust settled. I'm an easy sell, Kobo; toss me a bone.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:57 PM   #50
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I'd like the following

1) Plastic/flexible substrate
2) 300+ DPI (higher the better) 6.8" screen
3) Slimmer bezel than the H2O currently has
4) Micro SD card support up to 128GB
5) Different material than the H2O which suffered from easy fingerprinting and odd coloration defects
6) Offer a silicone shell case (I know I'm in the minority with preferring an open face case though).
7) Just to one up the announced Kindle Oasis, add six LEDs to the top to make the lighting of the H2O even better, and because 12 is more than 10.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2016, 10:00 PM   #51
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
7) Just to one up the announced Kindle Oasis, add six LEDs to the top to make the lighting of the H2O even better, and because 12 is more than 10.
Be careful what you wish for. I seem to remember that Nook was the first with a lit screen and they had their LED's at the top and that basically meant you had a bunch of little flashlights shining at you when you had it tilted to reading angle. Amazon and Kobo learned from that and put theirs in the bottom from the start.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:32 PM   #52
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
1) Plastic/flexible substrate
2) 300+ DPI (higher the better) 6.8" screen
These would be nice, but AFAIK are not a possibility yet.

eInk appears to still only make Mobius (flexible substrate) available in 13.3" (used by Sony, Onyx and Netronix in their large readers) and as a small 1.73" for use in things like smart watches.

Same goes for resolution. It appears that the current Carta screens are the best thing available right now (meaning 265ppi at 6.8", 300ppi at 6"). Unless Kobo were to go with something other than eInk (I don't know if there are other companies with similar EPD products?).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:58 AM   #53
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
I would like to see something lighter coming to the market. But don't trick me with a battery cover.

Last edited by 344a; 04-15-2016 at 01:02 AM.
344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:06 AM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
I've gotten used to the "flappy-tab-thingy". I close the main part and give a little flick the close the "flappy-tab-thingy". I'm so used to it, that I find myself giving that little flick when close the Aura H2O.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:53 AM   #55
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
A lighter version of the H2O with a higher resolution screen and better lighting would be sweet.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:08 AM   #56
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I loved the Glo HD but I've had two break on me so I'd like a stronger version as I still have the official purple case for it. A flush screen would be nice as well . A smaller H20 would fit the bill.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:23 AM   #57
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I'd like a next-generation six-inch Aura please -- same size, same flush screen, but clearer with higher resolution.
I would love that! I still miss my Aura, which I dropped and broke. It was beautiful.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #58
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
A lighter version of the H2O with a higher resolution screen and better lighting would be sweet.
Does yours have bad lighting? Mine looks great. I wouldn't mind temperature-adjustable lighting, though.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #59
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Add me in for a lighted Kobo Mini but with a slim cover similar to the Sony PRS-350 instead of the aforementioned official one that makes it so bulky. Improved screen resolution on it too please.

I bought the Mini hoping it'd be better than the 350, instead they both sit gathering dust as I've ended up just taking my PW2 everywhere instead because its so much nicer to read on.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:22 AM   #60
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I'd love a 9" screen, but since nobody (including Kobo) makes them, I'm sure I'm the only one. I'm happy with my Sony (it's one that was updated to access my Kobo library) and that is the only thing that would get me to upgrade.

I do most of my reading on my NOOK HD+ instead of any of my (three) e-ink readers just because the page is bigger. The only problem with it is that sometimes the screen times out before I've finished reading a page. I can increase the font size, but it counters my preference for having fewer page turns. An e-ink screen wouldn't do that to me.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote