Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
How to start Calibre on Windows in debug mode

Hi,

After I start calibre (on Windows), I can select "Restart in debug mode" from the Preferences menu to get the debug output in a file.

Is there any way to (automatically) start calibre directly in that mode? I am debugging some changes to the core and would really like to get that output without jumping through too many hoops :-)
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakan42 View Post
Hi,

After I start calibre (on Windows), I can select "Restart in debug mode" from the Preferences menu to get the debug output in a file.

Is there any way to (automatically) start calibre directly in that mode? I am debugging some changes to the core and would really like to get that output without jumping through too many hoops :-)
Click the preferences Icon: Item #4 for a 1 shot use

Or Create a shortcut (I also set the Icon to the Calibre standard)
to launch a bat file like the one attached
Attached Files
File Type: bat CalibreDebug.bat (111 Bytes, 1304 views)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
The "one shot" usage I did for half-a-million times, that was why I asked

But thanks for the "calibre-debug" tip, I was just about to answer that I already do so until... I just noticed I was doing that in *another* script but not the one I'm calling from my development environment, so...

Anyway, thank you for prodding me in the right direction.
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:50 PM   #4
sebring.1980
sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PC
When i launch caliblre-debug.exe with your bat file it points to another library C:\Users\John\Calibre Library instead of one in C:\Program Files x86\Calibre\Calibre Library

Another issue plugin "Read MP3 AudioBook metadata" shows as not installed in debug mode.
sebring.1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #5
sebring.1980
sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.sebring.1980 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PC
Dunno if that matters, i am using portable version of Calibre.

Last edited by sebring.1980; 02-24-2020 at 03:04 PM.
sebring.1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 01:25 AM   #6
HKuser
HKuser began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H2O - Libra2
Baffled

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakan42 View Post
Hi,

I can't find this option in the preference menu!
HKuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:02 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKuser View Post

I can't find this option in the preference menu!
It's in the Preference button menu, not the icon grid

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 175559.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	207460

Ctrl+Shift+R is easiest.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:52 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebring.1980 View Post
Dunno if that matters, i am using portable version of Calibre.
Might I ask why you are running calibre portable from a directory in the Program Files (x86) directory on your local hard drive? Considering the latest versions of calibre are all 64-bit, the optics are a bit strange.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:50 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Might I ask why you are running calibre portable from a directory in the Program Files (x86) directory on your local hard drive? Considering the latest versions of calibre are all 64-bit, the optics are a bit strange.
You just responded to a 2020 post.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 05:34 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You just responded to a 2020 post.

BR
I know. I read the last message from @sebring.1980 as being from yesterday while their last activity was in 2021.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote