Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
alakhira
Manuscripter
alakhira began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and Kindle Fire
The Kindle Fire Overseas

Would anyone happen to know what will or will not work on the Fire when taken overseas? Will I still be able to access videos and books that I've purchased? Will I be able to purchase new ones or should I do all of that now while still in the US? Much thanks for whatever insights folks might have.
alakhira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
You will be able to read and get new books, to use and buy new apps (if you still have a U.S. credit card), but you will not be able to view the videos anymore (at least not without using something that hides or changes your IP address).

Source: Using a Kindle Fire in Germany with virtual US debit card.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
alakhira
Manuscripter
alakhira began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and Kindle Fire
Thank you, this is very helpful. As to movies that are purchased ahead of time and downloaded to the Fire, those I'm assuming would still be playable?
alakhira is offline   Reply With Quote