Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Correct

In engineering, the way distribution plays an important factor on ergonomics and how a device handles overall.

While a bit different, this is also true on bikes. Putting more weight to the bottom or center, will change the whole dynamics of the bike. This is what we call center of gravity.

I find myself more comfortable holding the Kindle Fire than the new Nook Tablet. Because the Nook Tablet is more rectangular than square, it tends to push down when I hold. The Fire is more neutral on than regard. And the Nook Tablet is less heavy and thinner.

Of course, your hand's size and strength plays an important role too.
I have small hands so it plays a big factor for me. The Kindle Fire I can hold comfortably. The K3 not so much due to its design. The K4 I can hold just fine but not turn the pages unless I use my case with it.

Until you held a Kindle Fire you just won't understand how nice it is to hold.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #17
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
That fat finger remark is definitely an homage to Jobs. He said people would have to sharpen their fingers with a pencil sharpener to use a 7" tablet. Meanwhile there are rumors Apple is now thinking about a smaller Ipad.

I prefer the 7" because I can hold it with one hand for hours. My Ipad is too heavy to hold for any period of time with one hand. Hard to use a touch interface with no hands free.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #18
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Until you held a Kindle Fire you just won't understand how nice it is to hold.
I held it, it felt heavy(for its size) and slow. But overall pretty good for the price.

Back to the original topic for the review. For someone who focuses so much on usability, design and user experience, his website sucks.
It might've been considered a "clean look" for the 1997 standard, but not in 2011.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
The Internet is not adapted for touchscreens. Every tablet device has this problem period. You want to see a REALLY bad Internet experience? Pick up a Windows Mobile running 6.0 or earlier. That or any java based phone.

Even the iPad has that issue. But then again, there are lot of websites especially formatted for iOS, something people forget when writing these reviews. Everybody else has to use the mobile versions for now which are built for the java phones in mind.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #20
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I had fat fingers problem on my ipod touch, not on the Fire. The Fire rocks!
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert